Sliverstar Headlights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sliverstar Headlights

I just put the Sliverstar lights in my 1993 explorer and after i installed them my low beams wouldnt work. I was wondering if it is the fuse or they just dont have a low beam. and if its neither of the 2 please tell me whats wrong and what i can do to correct it. Thanks :exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have low beams. Check your fuses first. Then check to make sure they're getting a good connection at the bulb. Take them apart and make sure there is no corrosion.

Did your low beams function prior to installing the new bulbs?

Yea the low beams worked before i put in the bulb im gonna go check the fuse now

I just put some in saturday and had the same problem. I took them out and put them back in and they worked fine.

Most likely corrosion. We all seem to be in the salt states.

Are they 9007's? The 9004 had the same plug style and they go into the leadlight the same ,but they are GM low beam lights? A Friend of mine bouight some 9004's for his grand am and then he gave them to me to put in my tyhunderbird (9007) and the highs wouldnt work? Hope this helps

No1dan2001 said:
Are they 9007's? The 9004 had the same plug style and they go into the leadlight the same ,but they are GM low beam lights? A Friend of mine bouight some 9004's for his grand am and then he gave them to me to put in my tyhunderbird (9007) and the highs wouldnt work? Hope this helps

9004's and 9007's have the same style elecrical plug but will only fit in the proper housings. And yes, if you plug a 9004 bulb into a socket designed for a 9007, the light doesn't work properly.

9006 are GM LO bulbs, 9005 are GM HI bulbs

Back