SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

you know damn well i registered b4 the truck was done. :D

got it washed today... it still had some of the mud from the lake on/in it, plus almost 2 years of dust, plus whatever other grime acumulated from workin on it, so its like way less groady now, wich is cool

drove it to work today (its like a mile and a half away) am home for lunch now and itll go back with me
one of the guys who does inspections for our shop is closed today, so its gonna go over to him this week and well see if i can get it through

sucks i dont work in a shop with an alignment rack, but once its inspected itll be off to hackensack spring for that. even with my poor alignment it drives better then it did before. something definately was amiss with the pasenger side setup before, but i still cant figure out what

not sure if i calculated the spedo right... it feels like its reading slow, but i havent gotten a chance to pace trafic to see if its just not being used to the size

TTB with the dual shocks and no sways is still really street freindly, im kinda impresed in the 10 or so miles ive knocked around

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all washed up and in daylight

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

no tree dragging here... not even close....

IMG_1174.jpg

(its a tuner thing, keep in mind i have the lowered focus)

19 miles on it so far... had it on the lift at work today, nothin major to report

on a side note compared to the focus its really really quiet...
might have to fix that...

I think the camo should be white this time of year. :D

i can change my camo pants way easier then i can the truck. i can wear artic if that helps

doin my volunteer thing at the shelter tomorow

i dont get by TRS all that often, but make sure to give me a heads if anythin else comes along. i should be inspected this week and ill be lookin to flex it out

I shouldn't go - I have too much to do but I miss being out in the woods, and the snow should make it fun.

We should head out to the new park in Allentown, PA.

Id deff be down for tryin it out.

from what ive read its a little "mild" but i made a woods truck, not a rock crawler, so it sounds pretty apropriate. plus itll help me flex its legs b4 i do anything stupid at RC

Passed inspection today.

Got ti to ahckensack spring for the alignment today. i normally do all my own, but we dont have a rack at hp, so i sent it to them.. sent it over with 3* adjusters in both sides, as thats how it was with the 2" lift. they had to swap the l/s with a 1*, got it all dialed in, and it drives pretty damn nice at the moment. really happy with the duff kit this far.

i poked around a bit and got the t-case to go into low, so it was then time to lock the hubs and give it its first flex. best i could do was a snow pile, but it works...

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

pretty well stuffed...
IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

Rear seams to do its job... fronts well a ttb :D

so all in all its been a really good couple of days for the truck and i :D

Looks like you put some scratches in it already. That didnt take long. :D

picture.php

Looking wicked SNJ :thumbsup:

the pinstriping on the door and the accompanying dents are there from one of the tript to RC back when it had 31s. i havent wheeled it with the 35s yet

had to take her down the turnpike in a pinch last night. wasnt really my choice of transportation, but i needed to get somewhere quick and had the truck out.
sparing all the details i pouched her pretty hard for about 30 miles on the way down. protested a bit, but kept up with left lane trafic.
might need to put some balancing powder in the 35s though to make highways a little more tolerable

on the way to work this mornin blew the lower rad hose, so the upper and lower hoses i never got around to replacing when i swaped the motor got replaced today

also took the oportunity to pressure wash th engine bay.

finally got my diff armor this week and threw it on
solid.jpg

yes i took a brand new crinkle finished diff cover and rattle bombed it green... it just needed to be :p:

everything looked copathetic in the diff, so a fresh 5 qts of 75-140 and i shouldnt have much to worry about in there

i diagnosed the lack of intermittent wipers i was dealin with in the storm today. new module thingamajigger will be here from P&G on monday

ripped the drivers door panel off closin the door the other day, so i fixed that as well, and then made sure all the screws went back in the rest of the panels so i dont have that happen with any of the other doors.

re wired my cb so that it turns on/off with the key. i screwed up and had the ign lead to a hot all the time source when i threw it in. much better this way

i have almost 300 miles on it in the last little bit, so tonight was the night to go over it with a fine tooth comb. re torqued every bolt, checked every not, and generally fiddled with anything i could think to fiddle with. id have to say that 90% of the hardware on the front end needed torquing.

liftfront.jpg

underbody.jpg

kinda wish i had more then the phone for this pic

[soapbox]ALL BOLTS SHOULD BE RE CHECKED AFTER YOU DO A LIFT[/SOAPBOX]
or else youll end up stuck in a stream like someone we all know and love did :D

Decided its misin somethin. its got a good stance. it should wheel well, but aside from tire noise the thing is absolutely quiet... like silent.... so catbacks on its way. might not be as loud as my focus, but itll do

oh and i should share my FB status here, as its relevent as well
yea, so i pulled out of work, saw a cop at the light to teaneck road, though hey i cant go that way, turned around and drove right into the flood. munks a trooper, made a u turn in a atleast a foot of water in 2 wheel drive and drove back out....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back