SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

tho the duff lifts are only 2.5"
not anymore, they have a 5.5-6 incher now. not sure how long its been around for, but its in their catalog. they sell the front half of the ranger kit for us explorer guys

The TTB is stayin for now atleast. I dont really have a concrete reason as to why, but it is (theres a few, but i aint gonna sell any of you on em, so :p: )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so the thought seems to be that duff 5.5er up front with IZ's 8.8 in the rear geared to 5.13 with a lockrite in it.

rubber will be some form of 35s, yet to be named

so yea, i hink im just turnin this thread into my own personal note pad now

Oh goin 5.13 nice....So why swapping the rear end out to IZ's

what part of jersey are you in?

oh, and im going with the 5.13s over the 4.88s because that way im garunteed to never kick myself for not goin lower. aparently that happens alot to ppl so i figured it was a good move.... i forgot to adress that b4 when i was at work

advanced in leaps and bounds today. even though you cant really see it.
Almost everything is wired up now. Got my arse handed to me by tht trans side of the trans coolers lines, aparently i should have conected the back first, then the radiator side, but its in now, so whatever.
The small **** just takes forever (for me anyway) but its getin there. Althought ill go down next week and do the same thing i did today, ok were almost there.... 7 hrs later, i guess i wasnt as close as i thought
I dont think yall really need to see all new pics, as it looks the same.

so yea, that brings me to this pic:
IMG_0210.jpg

Anybody know what the fudge the 2 conectors in my hand go to??? I cant figure it out for the life of me.

Good work man, I look forward to helping with some of the suspension

heh, i just shoulda asked rookie in the first place, theyre unused conectors

I had the same problem with those same connectors once. Near as I can figure they are ABS for the later first gens.

they are;)

sucks that i lost some time searchin the shop for misin ****, but oh well

getin some stuff i havent had time to pick up this week, exhaust bolts to replace the ones we cut, fluids, etc and i hope to have it buttoned up this weekend. well atleast enough to fire it up that is, still got acouple of things to take care of before i get the fenders back on, but i should be able to push it outside and fire it up

i love how this thread has basically become my journal. now maybe i can keep trak of what the hell im talkin about :D

losing time searching for missing stuff is the way it goes. When it starts the first time you will be stoked

so yea, aparently y pipe to manifold bolts are hard to come by. i get a call today saying i owe dad $300 for bolts, and i was like wtf, so he says yea, 10 bucks a bolt and then you facter in the 3 hrs of trying to track down 4 of em for you and you got yourself some expensive bolts :D

managed to find 2 in mahwah and 2 in tenifly, so thats one more thing off the list

Damn son, you gotta learn to call me. My old job has them layin around, I probably couda gotten them to just send you a set

damn....im stayin posted on this.....can't wait to see what happens!

so yea, aparently y pipe to manifold bolts are hard to come by. i get a call today saying i owe dad $300 for bolts, and i was like wtf, so he says yea, 10 bucks a bolt and then you facter in the 3 hrs of trying to track down 4 of em for you and you got yourself some expensive bolts :D

managed to find 2 in mahwah and 2 in tenifly, so thats one more thing off the list

*scratches head*

That's funny, my price is something like $4 a bolt. Rookie's right, you gotta learn to call the rest of us before spending absorbient amounts of money on parts, man! :p:

*scratches head*

That's funny, my price is something like $4 a bolt. Rookie's right, you gotta learn to call the rest of us before spending absorbient amounts of money on parts, man! :p:

look whos talking!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well ya see heres the thing, when hesaid hey, ill go get those bolts for ya neither of us had realized they had a PN to em. hell i thought they were just damn bolts. and since i get my stuborness from him he searched till he found em.
and i was wrong, they werent 10.00 they were 9.00 for 2 and 8.30 for the other 2

oh well the main concern is tryin to get it to run this weekend, and if it does will it be an external, or internal combustion engine :D

Back