Snow !!!!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snow !!!!!!!!

we didnt get any good snow and it was mostly gone by mid day

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry Caldwell, but I have totally lost ALL enthusiasm for snow at this point. Total snowfall for this winter is approaching 79", and the worst is yet to come.

I agree Cozmik. We got 74" in DECEMBER alone! :thumbdwn:

What 265's were you running? Mine rock in the snow and mud.

Yokohama Geolandar AT-S

I seem to just float on top of the snow with them on, there's a noticeable increase in traction with some worn 245 Goodyear Fortera HLs I got for free from the tire shop I worked at....right before i got laid off.

Not to mention it was hard to stomach as bad as 9mpg in town with the 265s in winter. BUT that's with playing in the snow and remote starter going.

It's depressing when my friend with a V10 Superduty on 37s says "damn you're getting into my territory"....on a V6!

we got like 2-3'' in south philly... even though it wasnt much, it was sure fun to play in never the less !! the snow started falling here the heaviest inbetween 1 - 3 AM... so from like 2am till about 4am, me and some fire dept buddy's were out behind the philly airport... it was really cool, we were a group of FORDs rollin sqaud deep lol... in the middle of the night !!!

we had...

my 2003 X - 2004 X - 2006 X - 2000 F150 - 2004 f150 - 2006 f150 - 2002 ranger - 2003 ranger - 2005 f250...

it was really fun !!!!!!!

then by 430 it started coming down as freezing rain... so we got a solid run in before it started to turn crappy...

Glad you had fun bro!!!

I thought November was a blast.....even the first few weeks of December, especially on days when we got sent home from work for "snow days" because the roads were so bad. I never seemed to make it home for hours those days. ;)

But alas..........I now wish for spring. Mowing the lawn is more favourable that peeking around snow banks trying to cross an intersection without getting smoked.

From today.:D

picture.php

picture.php

Niiice I have the same brush guard, does yours shake on bumpy roads?

Pennsylvania snow is always a joke. I'll be impressed when it is over 12'', other than that it's not even worth trying to stretch my basically stock 97 AWD's legs anymore.

we got like 2-3'' in south philly... even though it wasnt much, it was sure fun to play in never the less !! the snow started falling here the heaviest inbetween 1 - 3 AM... so from like 2am till about 4am, me and some fire dept buddy's were out behind the philly airport... it was really cool, we were a group of FORDs rollin sqaud deep lol... in the middle of the night !!!

we had...

my 2003 X - 2004 X - 2006 X - 2000 F150 - 2004 f150 - 2006 f150 - 2002 ranger - 2003 ranger - 2005 f250...

it was really fun !!!!!!!

then by 430 it started coming down as freezing rain... so we got a solid run in before it started to turn crappy...

I'm about 60 miles north of you.....Yeah we got snow.

LOL, ya its annoying.

LOL ITS NOT JUST ME! With the foglights on, do they have the annoying light shake too? I was wondering if there was a way to somehow wedge something between the bumper and frame of the guard....

I have the same style guard made by Westin. Mine rarely shakes, but sometimes on the highway in strong cross winds the grill guard will get into a trance and bounce from left to right for several seconds.

im hoping this storm that is coming is goin to drop a good bit of powder !!!!!

ive heard 1'' from some then 3-6'' from others !!!

i know you canada boys, and new york upward boys are tired of the snow, but i lived in florida for 6 years, and i wanna play in any snow i possibly can

have fun,, i went out today , and played in the snow for several hours,, actually a bunch of us went for a trail ride on snomobiles, about 40 miles or so,, and had to make the whole trail,, it was fun,, nothing like coming around a corner and seeing a waterfalls most people would never know existed,,

SNOW !!!! again !!!! this must seem so old, but i love it... idk exactly what were getting here... but from what ive " HEARD " anywhere from 5'' to 10''s

We got 6 inches here in south jersey

woooot =)))

junk.

Back