• Register Today It's free!

so confused...

soccerboo

Reaction score
City, State
thibodaux,LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
hey yall...i had a horrid noise comn from my engine and oil burnin from my pass valve covers it seems....changed all the gaskets it still sounds bad...and smokin under the hood in the same spot...i also think someone put the spark plug wires in the wrong orders on the driver side...can someone plz help me...

If you had an engine noise, changing gaskets won't help. First step is to verify if the plug wires are on correct or not. Then you can see how the motor runs, and if it needs another repair. If its been ran with the wrong firing order for any period of time the motor may be suffering from detonation, which can destroy the motor.

i changed the gaskets cause there was smoke coming out the exhaust...i changed the order of the wires today and it sounds 1million times better and the chk eng light is off...theres just this vaccuum on the intake manifold right below the blower that i cant find the hose for i was looking for a pic of the engine to see if i can find where it goes...i also changed my valve cover gaskets cause of the oil leakin from them and smoke coming from them....can u help me with a pic or diagram?

Back