So....I bought a OBS Bronco. '92 Bronco XLT. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So....I bought a OBS Bronco. '92 Bronco XLT.

Well with the Ranger down, the Bronco is going into DD service. Going to go broke in gas though 😮‍💨. She Thirsty! No worce then the Explorer though. I finally took it over for Smog today (only 6 months late) and she passed with flying colors. Runs very clean.

Unfortunately having to replace a transmission, and a large tax bill, she will be going up for sale after the Ranger is back up and running. Really hate to do it, but really don't have a choice. 😥 Lot of potential in her.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Find a way to keep her! Fsb going way up in value someday the 78-79 are going for big $$$ restored now, about 10 years baxk you couldn’t give them away

Obs = Tough as nails
What you pay for in fuel you save in repairs because they don’t need much and parts are cheap
Fsb have become very popular up here in the pnw they make excellent plow trucks
We picked up a 92 with a Myers plow o
Inline 6 with a 5 speed man I love that thing

If you keep it for another year, I will 90% be the new owner. I like those, and always wanted one just like that. Small lift, good paint and interior. Very well maintained. It's a keeper.

I know a few people who might be buyers in Arizona if you can't wait.

If you keep it for another year, I will 90% be the new owner. I like those, and always wanted one just like that. Small lift, good paint and interior. Very well maintained. It's a keeper.

I know a few people who might be buyers in Arizona if you can't wait.

Unfortunately, can't hold on to it. It's still a 32 year old truck. There are some trim pieces here in there that need to be replaced, but nothing crazy. She could use a paint job, but looks good from 10ft away. The main part is she's solid. I would hesitate to drive it across the country right now, minus the needing to take out a loan for the gas. 😄 She's really at a crossroads in her life. Clean Super Stock or Pre-Runner for Baja. 🤷 I could throw $10-15k in suspension on it, and she would be worth $40-50k.

We gotta do what we gotta do! Hang in there

Sorry about the trouble w the 10 speed that stinks!

agreed, but i think for now they did a decent job imo, much better than the blazer lol!!!!! that said i wouldnt mind a 90s bronco just brand new, same with the 2g. just dont think anyone would buy it except us
I would buy a 90's Bronco today if they made them, I am still in the process of trying to find one before the price is raised so much that I have to take out a small loan just to get one...

I would buy a 90's Bronco today if they made them, I am still in the process of trying to find one before the price is raised so much that I have to take out a small loan just to get one...
if ford built the broncos as tough as they did (dont get me wrong the new ones are still real nice) and heck even the explorers like the 1st or 2nd gens i would be in line in a heartbeat! a coyote powered midsize IFS and solid rear midsize suv (love that the 2nd gens are easy to park and slim) thats body on frame... now if they somehow found a way to shoehorn the 7.3 godzilla or 6.7 PS.... would be all over that one!!!!!!!

This could be a real fun Bronco

They are using these down in Baja for pre running, because you can get 15"+ of travel with out winding, or much cost. Plus you get a V8, and plenty of room for anything else. We always talked about if we did the stock class at KOH, a Bronco like this would be the perfect truck.

The timing always sucks with this stuff. I know you have replaced nearly every maintenance item on this BB, but I just don't have anywhere to put it, nor should I be spending the money while building a house in Arizona. I was thinking on eventually getting a full-size older truck or Bronco, or a Baja Bug / fiberglass buggy, or both, and slowly making it into a go-fast rig. I have always loved VW bugs and buggies, maybe it's just nostalgia. The area I'm building the house has a lot of long open lonely dirt roads. And an unmolested late model A, just because I love those old cars. I am building a 2,500 sq ft garage with a lift after all, so I will be needing a few more vehicles. I was seriously looking for years at the 2006-2012 Porsche 997's, just because I love those cars, but then decided I could buy three to four vehicles with that same amount of money that are just as cool, that won't get me into trouble. Besides, there is really nowhere to go play with one of those out there.

I even briefly considered buying it for Sarah to pull the horses around with since she has been borrowing the Silverado a lot lately. Her Ranger is getting tired, but with her 30-mile round trip, all two-lane road commute, fuel usage makes this cost prohibitive. It would be almost an even trade to buy this and sell the Ranger because people seem to still really like the older style. It also might get stolen parked overnight in her condo spot, because these suffer the same ease to get into and start as the 1st gen Explorers, but a good alarm with a separate fuel pump kill switch would take care of that. She would up her cool status a notch cruising a lifted old school looking big Bronco, but she's pretty cool already.

7.3 gets decent mileage

Just sayin lol

Well with the Ranger down, the Bronco is going into DD service. Going to go broke in gas though 😮‍💨. She Thirsty! No worce then the Explorer though. I finally took it over for Smog today (only 6 months late) and she passed with flying colors. Runs very clean.

Unfortunately having to replace a transmission, and a large tax bill, she will be going up for sale after the Ranger is back up and running. Really hate to do it, but really don't have a choice. 😥 Lot of potential in her.
What are you thinking for the sale price?

What are you thinking for the sale price?

Just to get this understood, I'm not giving it away. I paid $11k for it and KBB is close to that, with out all the upgrades including new tires, suspension, 4.56 gears, shift kit, exhaust, red head steering box, headers. MSD ignition, and the Pioneer Android Auto/Car Play Stereo.

It's hard to find one in good condition. Some parts are getting very hard to find for these, as there are specific Bronco parts.

The best part about this is it's reliable. I have been commuting 70 miles a day in it now, and it just starts up and goes.

I also do get a lot of compliments in it. 😄

After 2 years of searching, I finally found a matching green fender. The original one had a giant dent in it since I bought it, and the last owner bought it.

20240324_175923.jpg

Before
VideoCapture_20240324-214710.jpg

So long friend...😥 Sold

VideoCapture_20240406-143434.jpg

Dang that went fast! Well done
Sad to see it go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back