So I'm sitting there eating lunch... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So I'm sitting there eating lunch...

outside of a local sandwich shop looking at my car, when all of a sudden I see a white Chevy cargo van hit it. :fire: I RAN over there and was ready to beat the holy hell out of this guy but I keopt my cool. He apologized and apologized and felt really bad. It was a company vehicle, so I got their insurane and called that company and told them what happened. I also went directly to a body shop that does our ambulances (I work at Doctor's Ambulance Service in Laguna Hills), and the estimate is $2100. :eek:

I'm still trying to calm down from this. When anything happens to my stuff (cars especially) I get really worked up. I wanted to kick him squaw in the nuts as hard as I could.

Picture quality is a camera phone...
1600crash.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats exactly why i dont eat sandwiches.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Hey, if you want to make a little bit of extra money, my B5 A4 needs a lower front valence and side grill inserts. ;)

I would but the lower front valance was already cracked before this even happened. ****ty way to get a new one but whatever works I guess? :D

You talking about the grill inserts in the bumper or the actual grill itself? I don't think they are going to replace the grill in the hood.

FROADER said:
I would but the lower front valance was already cracked before this even happened. ****ty way to get a new one but whatever works I guess? :D

You talking about the grill inserts in the bumper or the actual grill itself? I don't think they are going to replace the grill in the hood.

I'll take the front valence cracked if it will get tossed, plus it will match the dents on the rest of the car (I bought the car, '98.5 1.8T Quattro 71k, for $500 with a broken t-belt and it was little beat up). The grill inserts on the lower sides of the bumper, but only with fogs (I do not have them) :D . It might be a ****ty way to get parts, but finding that front valence is hard!

When I said, "****ty way to get a new one," I meant that it took my car getting hit to get a new valance on it, not it's a ****ty way for you to get a new valance. :D

I'll let you know about all that stuff when I take it to the shop. :thumbsup:

Ok thanks. If you want a sportier new look, an OEM S4 bumper would fit nicely. ;)

FROADER said:
Ya i'm going to try and see if they can put an S4 bumper on there instead, but since it's going through insurance i doubt it.

Sometime there is not much differance in cost for the Parts. My dad use to have a F-150 and it got hit in the front. He had them put a factory Harley Davison grille, sence they were the same cost from Ford.

Sorry to here on the Audi though. Why did you get a rental? Should have had them pay you for a rental why you drove the Ex for a few days :D

The rental is free and get's better gas mileage than the Ex. I drive too far for the Ex to be a daily driver with the 11-13 mpg it gets.

When i actually take the Audi into the shop, I'm goingt o see if I can get a different rental though. I really don't like driving this POS.

FROADER said:
The rental is free and get's better gas mileage than the Ex. I drive too far for the Ex to be a daily driver with the 11-13 mpg it gets.

When i actually take the Audi into the shop, I'm goingt o see if I can get a different rental though. I really don't like driving this POS.

Welcome to my Jungle! It sucks driving the Ex as a DD. I only get 11-12 :(

Just spotted this thread Colin...man that sucks!
So, did you use Quizno's trays? :p

FROADER said:
no, but I will since it was their fault... :rolleyes:

You'll have to change there slogan to..

"mmmm...Crunchy!" :p

I finally got to take my car the the shop and start the repairs yesterday. Took it to a shop the insurance recommended (I have heard all good things about them) and the estimate there was $2500.

Oh and I'm getting an S4 bumper on it now too. SWEET! :thumbsup:

Niiiiice :thumbsup:
That's about how much it was to repair my Chevy when I got rear ended. I had to pay a $500 deductable which I am still waiting for reimbursment on since I wasn't at fault :mad:
Good thing you got the Ex to get you around though huh :D

FROADER said:
...That poor car is going to have flat spots in the rear tires when i'm done with it.

Pics please :D On second thought, maybe you better not have evidence of that!

I got my car back and it looks great. No S4 bumper though. Since the brackets/braces are different they couldn't get them paid for through insurance. The price for me just for parts and at the shop's cost was $540. Needless to say I stuck with the stock bumper. The whole front half of my car has brand new paint on it now.

manticore33, sorry the grills and lower valence got thrashed when they took it off.

Back