So long..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So long.....

03WIExplorerLtd

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer FWD base
Well folks after 9 years of (2) Explorer ownership and 22 years of Ford ownership/driving them its done. Selling my 2011 Explorer tomorrow. Value went up $1500 in 2 months. Had far less problems due to 2wd (vs 4wd) but it's been bittersweet in terms of ownership. Just under $6400 trade in and bought for 18k in 2014.
Bought 2021 Camry SE a AWD. I've liked them and had my eye on one. Was able to get a new one for the price of a 1 to 2 year old Carmax used Camry.

This forum has a good group of folks (Peter etc) that care and 99% of the time folks are respectful. That's huge and keep it up.
I will probably just my user fad into the sunset as one never knows. My folks own a 2010 EB but it has 115k and that's getting tired for a 4.0L/5R55 powertrain. I like the way the 4.0 snarls in that vehicle but the shifting scares me....

I wish folks here the best and I am already over in ToyotaNation forum. Similiar to when you give 2 weeks notice I am not going to gloat (about to Toyota).

Take care

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on the new vehicle. It should serve you very well. If/when I replace my 2010 I have no idea what will replace it. I am fairly sure it won't be with another Explorer or Ford for that matter.

Thank you for your input and assistance to the membership over the years, Best of luck and don't be a 'stranger'. I'm still a member over at ToyotaNation although not much of a contributor over the past 10 years.

Peter

How did you come to the conclusion the value went up 1,500 in 2 months?

How did you come to the conclusion the value went up 1,500 in 2 months?
From what I have heard many used car dealers say tax return checks and COVID relief checks have driven up the price of used vehicles. People have more money to spend and a lot of it is going to buy used vehicles. Demand is up, supply stays the same or drops and prices, therefore, go up. The price blip up is probably temporary as the checks will stop coming along with new vehicles sales being up which increases the supply of used vehicles.

Back