SOLD - Pac Amp Pro for Fifth Gen Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOLD - Pac Amp Pro for Fifth Gen Explorer

I've sold my Fifth Gen, onto bigger and better things. I've got a couple thing up for sale that I thought I'd give the forum members a crack at.

First up is an amp integration package from Pac Audio. This package includes the following:

1. AmpPRO AP4-FD21: This includes a T-Harness that plugs between the Ford Touchscreen and the Sony Amp. The module will output that audio to RCA.
2. LocPro LP7-4: This is a line level output converter to bring that pre-amplified audio to the amplifier or DSP of your choice.

If you're familiar at all with how the Sony systems works, you'll know that the Sony amplifier in the vehicle includes its own DSP and tuning. This makes getting a true, flat, line level output impossible using a traditional line level conversion box or the amplifiers that include line level converters liek the AudioControl LC2i. You cannot tap the speaker wires between the radio and the Sony amp either, they are not analog signals. This is the only way to properly integrate aftermarket audio into your ride. It's got other cool features like dip switches that turn off unnecessary channels that aren't being aftermarket amplified. It will also re-route door chimes and navigation prompts through your aftermarket amplifiers. Lastly it includes a bass level knob and some primitive DSP features if you do not have a DSP or EQ of your own. There is no cutting or splicing to install this and you can return your Explorer back to stock at any time without anyone noticing.

Retail cost on this setup is $439.99. Given that everything is still in tact (other than you'll have to splice in your own amplifier turn on wire where my old one sits) I'm willing to let this setup go for $280 plus shipping. Continental US buyers only. Paypal F&F only, add 3% if using G&S. Please refer to Pac Audio's website for details on fitment for your Ford.

If you have any questions about this item or are interested, send me a Private Message.

IMG_2532.jpeg

Back