Some ?'s for pioneer deh-p8400mp owners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some ?'s for pioneer deh-p8400mp owners

Kevex

Reaction score
City, State
edgewater park,nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
pioneer dehp8400mp

Do you like it?
does the screen color match the int. lights?
Does the fold down section sit too high in the X?
What was the price you got for it?
I have seen it for $325
Is there a different one (a Premier, any differences?)
Any problems with it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like a great unit. I have the 7400 and like it a lot. Other than the obvious face differences and the silver, the general colors are the same. Most of the buttons are green at night, which matches the stock dash well. The purple and screen aren't too much and accent the green well.

I'd mount the 8400 in the top of the stock opening with the extra space underneath it. This will ensure that the slide down portion doesn't interfere with the HVAC controls, and it will look more integrated when fully deployed.

I'm very happy with my Pioneer HU and I'm sure you'll like it. BTW, 325 sounds like a very good price.

i have that cd player, great choice, i'd try to find it for a little cheaper though.

A buddy of mine had one, he said it took a long time for it to read MP3 CD's as compared to the Sony he has now. But other than that he loved it. I think it is a very sweet looking CD player when it is open.

xploda01- Did you pick yours up fro cheaper? If so can I ask where?

Hey man,

I just picked up an 8400 last thursday and I love it!
Makes my stock speakers sound 100% better and it has alot of useful features on it.
I have mine mounted (like alec said) in the top slot with the open slot underneath.
So far I have not found any problems with it at all.
any more questions, just ask,
Kendal

Oh, and I payed 480 w/ the wiring harness and mount at my local Car audio store. It usually sales for 569.00 (plus harness and mount) at the store but, I have a buddy working there so I got his discount :)

Love it

8400 is an AMAZING HU. $325 is an excellent price...I believe that that is actually cost from Pioneer. I got mine for like $340 on discount, which should be 5% above cost. It also matches my indiglo guages at night perfectly.
You should definately jump on it.

does anyone have pics of the 8400 in their X?
I just want to be sure I like it, I'm very picky and do't want to spend money on something I will regret later.thanks guys

Dead Link Removed

Here's mine...Needs to be pasted into new browser.

-Lloyd

just out of curiousity teamxplo where is that mounted?

I moved the heater controls to the glovebox and put the 8400 in their spot. It fits really well due to the fact that the oversized trim ring covers up the extra gap.

-Lloyd

I have that same head unit...so far I've had no problems with it and love everything about it. I got mine from www.thezeb.com

I have pics somewhere, just have to upload them. If you have any questions, just let me know!

Back