Someone key my 1 month old explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Someone key my 1 month old explorer

davlee88

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 2wd
Talk about disappointment. Came out after taking my kids to the museum. When I returned, I notice someone key the rear driver side door. Left a 6 inches mark. Very deep too. I was parking next to this CR-V. I even make sure my parking was good.

Now I wonder how much this will cost to repair.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to hear that,same thing happened to my EX.The cost to fix mine was $2k only paid $50.00 deductible.

Sorry to hear about your EX. Too many jerks out there.

See if the museum has digital security cameras....

Sorry to hear that happened. Parking lots are the worst - lots of inconsiderate jerks at best, at worst - plain old vandals.

augh! I would be horrified. So sorry this happened to your new Ex!

Thanks everyone. It gets even better. I took it to a local body shop and they were willing to try to wet sand as much of the scratches out for a small fee. 45 min later. The scratches was almost gone and I was very excited. BUT, they over did 1 inch section and it went down to the primer :( Before I can say anything. They told me to come back later in the week and they will fix it at there cost. I have an appointment this Thursday. Stay tune..

...They told me to come back later in the week and they will fix it at there cost. I have an appointment this Thursday. Stay tune..
davlee88,

Ouch! You never mess with someone else’s ride. :( I have faith they’ll get it taken care of.

Sorry to hear that,same thing happened to my EX.The cost to fix mine was $2k only paid $50.00 deductible.
Thanks for sharing that, NAYDAMO. I’m glad you got yours fixed.

Cory

The same thing happened to me...both doors on the drivers side. It's been a few months & now maybe I don't want to know how much it will cost to fix it!

Wow Sorry to hear that , I had an 06 cobalt in 06 and an ex gf of mine payed someone to key it , then she keyed it a few days later , and then again another 4-5 days later , she never admitted to it but her friend told me the deal , Cost me 1900 for an almost complete paint job back then

Wow Sorry to hear that , I had an 06 cobalt in 06 and an ex gf of mine payed someone to key it , then she keyed it a few days later , and then again another 4-5 days later , she never admitted to it but her friend told me the deal , Cost me 1900 for an almost complete paint job back then
Yikes, what'd you do to the girl to cause THAT?!?

Reading things like this just blows. I know its hard to say if its intentional or not but people's carelessness just makes you wanna cry sometimes. And of course it always happens at the beginning of something. But seriously, I couldn't even imagine how you feel about this. I mean, my drivers side has been keyed beyond belief but your Ex probably cost 100x more than mine is worth.

Here's an update. Got my car back from the body shop. Well, they are good on their words. looks like new. I was so worry

Thanks everyone. It gets even better. I took it to a local body shop and they were willing to try to wet sand as much of the scratches out for a small fee. 45 min later. The scratches was almost gone and I was very excited. BUT, they over did 1 inch section and it went down to the primer :( Before I can say anything. They told me to come back later in the week and they will fix it at there cost. I have an appointment this Thursday. Stay tune..

Back