• Register Today It's free!

Spare tire and jack

Batt54

Reaction score
City, State
Eugene,Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4.0L OHV
Does anyone have any good resources online or otherwise to get me connected to a spare tire and jack (and handles) for my '97 XLT? the previous owner was kind enough to have kept them and I did'nt notice till later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...your local junkyard would be the best....everone else online would have to charge shipping...or, you can try kbabiak at the bottom of the forums page...i hope this helps...:D

...your local junkyard would be the best....everone else online would have to charge shipping...or, you can try kbabiak at the bottom of the forums page...i hope this helps...:D

I've been nosing around there for a set.. last time I was there all I ended up with was someone "borrowing" about 5 gallons of gas out of my tank while I was searching the yard.... :rolleyes: Thanks for the help though. I just get a lil nervous running around without a spare.

...you could call local tire shops or look for used tires on craigslist too...good luck...:D

or you could always try the resident used parts experts Kbabiak or Ped5stang to see if they have anything avail.

Thanks for all the help. I will be looking into it seeing as how I just discovered a slow leak in my right rear tire.. <<sigh>>

a used tire the size that is needed is 25 bucks mounted and balanced where i live so it should be the same where you live. Go to a jy, or even online and buy any wheel that has a bolt pattern of 5x4.5 with 4" BS or less. Ebay would be your best bet as i've seen spare rims go for $10.

Also, the steel rims from a base ranger will work too.

great! I'll follow up on that, thanks alot. hopefully santa brings ya some new toys tomorrow!

...out here they get crushed and scraped for recycling right away...i have had better luck online finding them such as forums or craigslist...the only one i found otherwise they wanted 65 for a used steelie and i can get them new and chromed for that much...just my .02...:D

I have ran into simular problems with the jy's here. I'm sure I'll be able to scrape one up somewhere. its a big game of hit or miss with the yards around here.

I've been nosing around there for a set.. last time I was there all I ended up with was someone "borrowing" about 5 gallons of gas out of my tank while I was searching the yard.... :rolleyes: Thanks for the help though. I just get a lil nervous running around without a spare.

Sounds like somebody needs to buy a locking gas cap:thumbsup:

or pull a mad max c4 rigged gas cap.

if you really are desperate i can buy you a tire and DHL it to your house. The same goes with the rim.

last time I was there all I ended up with was someone "borrowing" about 5 gallons of gas out of my tank while I was searching the yard....

Well it could been worse one time i went to the jy and someone tried borrowing my whole car:eek: but could'nt get it so they took my stereo, flashlight and some other misc stuff instead......

see...

They are just watching and waiting :shifty_ey Your gas is free if it's not protected. If you had caught the guy while he was doing this, would use of the fire ax been appropriate?

too much gas is dangerous in rollovers, he was just looking out for you

Back