!!!Speaker pop still after 5v reg & time delay!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

!!!Speaker pop still after 5v reg & time delay!!!

bigjoncoop

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer XLT V6, Ironm
Hey guys so I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out!

Installed aftermarket radio and Factory amplifier / subwoofer started popping. So I did the usual and installed a 12 volt to 5 volt voltage regulator on the remote turn on wire. Still did not help, so I installed a delay on timer set to 10sec and it's still popping when the radio turns on or off!!!

I've also tried to install a capacitor & resistor RC filter... but unfortunately nothing has helped!

Has anybody else ran into this issue?

Hmmmmm the addition of the 5v regulator and an inline bass Blocker filter really helped with our subwoofer pop. I mean it still pops a little when the radio it turned on but nothing like it was before. Maybe just check your wiring and connections again? You could verify that the 5 volt regulator is working and only sending the 5 volts

I’m running a atoto double din head unit with everything else factory 2003 sport trac it sounds awesome. I added the 5 v regulator as soon as I heard the sub pop the first time and I also added the inline bass
Blocker (rca cable style) they really helped!

Back