• Register Today It's free!

Speaker sizes

mike-the-cobra

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I need a definitive answer because I need to order today for a Christmas present for my son.

1999 Ford Explort Sport 2 door
Will the 6.5" speakers fit in both the door and the rear panels (with the 6x8 to 6.5" aadapter plates of course)?

Lots of different places say differnet sizes, but I gather the stock ones are 6x8 in both locations?

Thanks!

More than likely, yes. Just depends on the depth of the new speakers you are looking at.

the front i'd say are more questionable than the back. i know in my 01 sport, there's a good amount of open space behind the panel. so i'd say with a typical adapter plate you'd have no problems fitting any regular speaker in there.

99.9% of the 6.5 speakers in the world will fit in the front no problem.

I ran focal k2p's in the front of my truck and am running them again in the truck im building now. I used a 1 1/4" spacer/adapter to get them to fit. Theyre a very large 6.5 with just a hair over 3" of mounting depth.

The only speakers that might be bigger are the high end pro audio stuff...but even then I havent found one yet with any larger mounting depth than the 77mm that the k2p's have.

Back