Speaker Specs For 2016 Base Model | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speaker Specs For 2016 Base Model

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DVC is dual voice coil. Often a 2 ohm sub has 2 4 ohm coils, instead of a single 4 (or 2 ohm) coil.

Looks to be a single voice coil sub. It would just determine how you wired it to your amp. The amps I listed should still be viable options.

Looks to be a single voice coil sub. It would just determine how you wired it to your amp. The amps I listed should still be viable options.
How would you suggest I wire it? Do I bridge it?

Yes, you’d want to bridge the sub channel.

Fellow Exploreans,

Planning to replace the stock speakers (Rear Door) + an sub woofer too need to know where can i get the specs of the current stock speakers on board so i can start ordering too

Also need suggestions and also share the upgrades the to get an good one running (love to have some thumps too)...
Did you ever get the 'specs'? I see many posts about equipment but not on specs. If you did, please share so others can benefit. Thanks.

Peter

Really the only speaker specs that matter in this scenario are ohms and sensitivity.

I can't find anything on sensitivity, geeze this was so long ago and I still haven't done it. I talked to an installer at abt in Chicago I know and he said the best im going to do is the JL and either the infinity amp that was listed earlier or a similar fosgate amp. But in his opinion with out losing trunk space the JL isn't worth the 1200 dollar total. Better option is 2 custom boxes under the front seat and he still said that isn't even worth it.

1200 is steep. You could get a custom fiberglass box, and an amp and speaker for that.

Installers can be pretty snobby about sub-5,000 installs.

I’m certain a real sub and amp would be worth it.

1200 is steep. You could get a custom fiberglass box, and an amp and speaker for that.

Installers can be pretty snobby about sub-5,000 installs.

I’m certain a real sub and amp would be worth it.
The 1200 is the price for the sub/ box amp and cables and line out, No install. And that's me personally looking up the parts on crutchfield.

Back