• Register Today It's free!

P0715 Error code, 2016 Base Model

Vopogon

Reaction score
City, State
Beaufort SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer V6 Base
My 2016 Base model Explorer will drive fine in first, it will upshift once but feel as if it is losing power, and the car lurches and clunks into 3rd gear, losing almost all power to the wheels. The dash then flashes "See Manual". The check engine light is on steady.

The code reader said it was a P0715. Looking into it, it seems the sensor (speed or turbine sensor) was malfunctioning.

I cannot find this part, nor can I find a diagram of the transmission to swap it out even if I could find that part. Trying to avoid taking it to a shop. I have access to a lift and equipment, but I need to know where and what exactly the part is first.

Any help would be appreciated!

Replacing that speed sensor will require you to have to remove the valve body from behind the front cover and possibly the side cover too. I would replace them both because they do have a decent failure rate. Getting the valve body off and back on in the car without pinching the wires is tricky and dealing with the side cover can be a big challenge too. I would recommend letting someone who is familiar with this transmission do this, there is a lot to go wrong if you don't know how this thing is put together.

Here is a video of what you are in for.

Back