lned

Reaction score
City, State
ns
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac
Need help removing the front (A) bushing on my 2003 sport trac
have finished the rear 3 but having problems removing the front ones

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What I found was when I removed the TOP nut the whole bush turned. So I put the top nut back on and was able to undo the bolt from the bottom.

When I tried to remove my "A" bushing bolts I didn't realize that they had a nut on the top. That's when I learned what the round hole on each side of the radiator support was for (to stick a socket on a long extension down to the upper nut). Once I had the nut off my bolt came out w/out much trouble.

I've had to remove the nuts and jack the body up off the mounts to grab the mount with a pipe wrench and break the bolt loose with a breaker bar. The mount will stay on the frame. Make sure to spray a ton of pb blaster / wd40 down from the top.

I've had to remove the nuts and jack the body up off the mounts to grab the mount with a pipe wrench and break the bolt loose with a breaker bar. The mount will stay on the frame. Make sure to spray a ton of pb blaster / wd40 down from the top.
thanks I,ll try that

What I found was when I removed the TOP nut the whole bush turned. So I put the top nut back on and was able to undo the bolt from the bottom.
I tried that with no luck
going to try and put a monkey wrench or vice grips on the top bushing cup to hold it still

Back