Stadx2's 98 Explorer w/Ranger Superlift Pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stadx2's 98 Explorer w/Ranger Superlift Pics

Hey Juan,

I did get my shaft back on Tuesday. FINALLY! I told my shop to stop progressing on the adapter and shaft after I read what Gage had to say, but it was too late, they already had the adapter made and just needed to put the driveshaft together. I brought the truck in to there shop after they talked me into continuing on with building this shaft, so they could get an accurate measurement on the length it needed to be, and also to determine if there would be too much angle on the shaft. They insisted the angle was fine and went ahead and finished the shaft as a double carden design.
Well, they were right. The shaft doesn't vibrate at any speed. I even had it up to 95MPH, with absolutely no vibration! 4Wheel Parts did a great job balancing my tires too, I might add!
I hate to keep talking up Superlift, but I think one of the reasons the angle is OK on my driveshaft is that Superlift's drop down torque bracket on the front diff is a little shorter then Trailmasters at the point where it mounts to the frame. Consequently, forcing the front diff to slightly angle the yoke up (the diff mounts on rubber mounts) , thus eliminating most of that angle problem.

Darren
Littleton, CO

-Front 4 inch Superlift(Ranger)+1 inch Torsion Twist
-Rear 5.5 inch Superlift SOA
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MT-Rs
-KKM Air Intake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good for you! I am lowering my truck about an inch this weekend. The shop that did my lift did and SOA but left the leaf pack that comes with the original set as blocks, lifting the rear about 5.5" to 6", so for the truck to look leveled I twisted my torsion bars all the way, plus I changed the bars for the B coded ones. Well, I think this has taken a toll on My CV's and the angle may be too extreme. So after I take a few of the leafs from the block I will accomplish lowering the rear, I will untwist the front, and hope for the vibration to go away.

Wish me luck!!

update

Whats going on fels? did it work for you?

Hey, I got the truck lowered one inch, and it works out greta. The front is back to stock geometry, but I still have the vibration. I took off the shaft out again, and have been riding without it for about 1K miles now, and the vibration is still there, so I know that it is not the shaft. Tomorrow (funny you should ask today) I am taking the truck in to fix the right front differential housing that has been leaking for quite I while. I hope that the seal or bearing that is damaged is the source of the vibration.

I won't know soon because they'll have the truck for a few days. I have a damaged syncro in third gear and I'm having them do my clutch.

So, wish me luck!

Stadx, any new pictures?

does anyoone have a pic of which nut to tighten on the TT? there are 2 at the edge of the plate and one at the middle..i think. i am just dumb.. dont know which nut to tighten. hhheellppp.. already got myshakles. just need to know which nut on the TT plate to tighten. also, the TT plate is at the side of the torsion bar, right?

it is the one in the middle the other two just hold the skid plat on.

Hey Juan,

I,ve been in Palm Springs for work the last couple weeks. So I haven't been able to work on my truck.
I did manage to install the 2 inch body lift, get an alignment done, install an electric radiator fan, and raise up the front bumper over the last week. That electric fan was a ***** to put in, never want to do that again!
This weekend, I'm going to raise the back bumper and install a Safari Bar.
I should have new pics by next week sometime.

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-KKM Air Intake

Hey Stadx do you know if this will work on a 97 control trac 4wd? with a 4.0 the only difference I see is on my rear I have a second set of shocks going from my frame to over by my diff and of course I don't have the traction bars either if not does anybody know of a successful lift setup for my model?

The Kit will work, but you will have to modify your torsion brackets because your truck falls in the 95-97 realm of odd ball torsion mounting.
I had the same diffy shock that you have. But its not really needed. So I never bothered making a bracket for it.

Darren
Littleton, CO

-2 inch PA body lift
-15x10 Eagle 589s
-KKM Air Intake

Back