• Register Today It's free!

Starting Issues?

Vinaell

Reaction score
City, State
surprise arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer 4wd 4.0
Ok yes im posting again. I bought my 95 Ford Explorer 4wd XLT 4.0 OHV 6 months ago for $1200 bodies in great shape one minor dent with great paint. So far ive had a couple mechanical issues no major ones (yet). Ive replaced the radiator and Neutral Saftey switch (wasnt starting in park) now some times it seems to not wanna start or it will start for a few seconds and die but in the seconds it just kind of sputters like its not getting enough gas. but ill leave it for 10-15min and it will start perfect. Is this a fuel pump issue?

Ok yes im posting again. I bought my 95 Ford Explorer 4wd XLT 4.0 OHV 6 months ago for $1200 bodies in great shape one minor dent with great paint. So far ive had a couple mechanical issues no major ones (yet). Ive replaced the radiator and Neutral Saftey switch (wasnt starting in park) now some times it seems to not wanna start or it will start for a few seconds and die but in the seconds it just kind of sputters like its not getting enough gas. but ill leave it for 10-15min and it will start perfect. Is this a fuel pump issue?

Could be the pump. Try this though. Turn the key to on and wait 3 or so seconds and then try it. I have this problem where it starts fine but a restart requires me to wait a few seconds or it will not start at all unless I floor the gas peddle. But waiting a few seconds and it starts fine. I believe it is the fuel pump not pushing the fuel up fast enough so letting it sit a few seconds allows the fuel to get up to the injectors.

Would a new fuel pump fix this problem? or is it something else?

sorry to tell you but that can be 10different things

Back