• Register Today It's free!

steeda swaybars

bfast1day

Reaction score
City, State
macon/statesboro ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 eb
i was just wondering what some of you guys opinion is on the steeda swaybars. anybody got em? ive heard alot of people say they had the explorer express stuff, but the steeda's are cheaper and i dont know if its a matter of personal preference but i would imagine they are better too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The front OEM bar on your 2000 is more than adequate. Consider upgrading the bushings and endlinks to Energy Suspension poly (around $30-$40). I've heard the EE rears are beefier than Steeda (don't know that for sure). Also EE comes with stock poly bushings already. Great upgrade and worth the $$$.

Define "better" (re: Steeda). I've never heard that before.

just a brand name thing i guess....i know steeda makes good parts but ive never used and dont know anyone who has used anything from ee...plus all of ee's prices just seem a little off the wall

There are MANY people on this site using EE bars, myself included. Outside of the SCT tuning I had done, the EE rear bar was by far the most noticeable upgrade I've done to my '00 Sport.

ok i'll keep that in mind. thank's for the opinion

bfast1day said:
ok i'll keep that in mind. thank's for the opinion

Use the search feature and you'll see lots of good press on the EE bars. My only regret was missing a group buy some time ago. Would have saved some bucks, but even at full pop and the big brokerage fee I paid (I'm in Canada), was well worth it.

p.s. this thread will probably interest you.

yeah i saw that...ive heard a lot of good thing's about the ee kit on here...it's just so expensive. i was gonna buy the whole x-spec kit, but like i said the price just seems too high to to lower it an inch and some change. i dont think ive heard one bad thing about any of the kit component's, as a matter of fact everyone say's it will make the x handle like you wouldnt believe. i dont know though....just got to get over the price i guess. thanks alot for being so helpful

Like others have said in that thread, you can do the upgrades yourself without having to pay EE for all the components. The bar seems to be the most important upgrade. Do that first and see if the other things are even needed. From what I've read, the lowering on the kit is barely noticeable, but the stability garnered from the rear bar surely is. Just get the bar to start and see if you even want/need to do the rest later.

I'm a little confused here. So on '99 and up Explorers the front sway bar is pretty good and doesn't really need to be replaced? But you can get a better ride by replacing the rear sway bar?

For 98+ the OEM front bars are fine, at least from a heft perspective. Even EE says so. Can't hurt to upgrade the bushings/endlinks on those.

The rears are all wimpy from 91+. The OEM looked like a coat hanger compared to the EE offering.

Ditto what has been said, buy the EE rear bar. I now have two. Regards,

briwayjones said:
I'm a little confused here. So on '99 and up Explorers the front sway bar is pretty good and doesn't really need to be replaced? But you can get a better ride by replacing the rear sway bar?

*handling, not ride

etc said:
*handling, not ride

Agreed. If anything, the "ride" suffers a bit because it firms up. I found the ride a bit harsher but quickly got used to it. Handling is so much better than previous. If Ford had invested in upgrading the rear bar the same time they did the front, they might have a lot less legal headaches re: rolling.

The rear EE sway bar was the first thing I added after buying my 00 Sport. It gives much better handling by itself, and is well worth the money. The 98 up front bars are solid rather than hollow, and are stiff enough in stock form. As was suggested, the Energy Suspension front poly bushing kit is worth the $40 it costs, too. It includes steel end links to replace the Mickey Mouse plastic composite links that come stock.

Next for me was a set of Rancho 5000 shocks, and lastly a set of BFG T/A tires in a wider size (255x70). I didn't bother with lowering, since the springs have settled about an inch on their own. With all this, the handling is almost as good as with a previously owned Mustang of mine. It's sorta like a Mustang with headroom..... :D

I would suspect theres very little difference between the EE bars and Steeda. In fact, they may be identical, since there's very few manufacturers of aftermarket sway bars anyway (they're only sold under different brand names).....

ROE

I have a rear Saleen sway bar and love it!

Ok I've had my suspension on for about 4 years. I drove my daughter's stock limited today and man that thing is sloppy feeling compared to what I'm used to.
Yes it is the thing to do

Back