Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

I'm pretty sure reprograming is not needed. Some of the Mustang guys have done the same swap on the 10R80'S with no issues. I will have to have the trans relearn, but I can reset that in the power programmer or forscan.
You'll want to program the new solenoid id. Forscan should be able to do it. Sure it might still work but the reason for the solenoid id is the variables in the solenoid resistances in each unit. Each one is different. Even the older 6 speeds are the same way. It'll work, but the shift strategy will never be perfect and might not last. Should be a white sticker on it somewhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll want to program the new solenoid id. Forscan should be able to do it. Sure it might still work but the reason for the solenoid id is the variables in the solenoid resistances in each unit. Each one is different. Even the older 6 speeds are the same way. It'll work, but the shift strategy will never be perfect and might not last. Should be a white sticker on it somewhere.

Noted.👌

So the plan is to get back after this Sunday. Saturday it's going to rain all day. 🙄

Regardless, I have been waiting for the rest of the parts. I pretty sure, I got the very last 10R80 filter in the country. Looks like Ford is changing the part number again, and the price went up 3x😳

I did receive the pièce de résistance today. The 10R80 Dip Stick. Any of you familiar with the 10R80 knows, the don't really come with one. They have a little stick a few inches long with a cap, that your supposed to access right next to the catalytic converter. It's really a dumb design. So I found this guy producing them for the Rangers. They are very well made too. This will simplify fluid changes. Maybe something the Explorer, Bronco, Mustang, F-150 and Expedition guys should look into. I'm going to do some research to see if the Super Duty's could also use the same.

20240301_223027.jpg

What a pain in the.... I will never complain about a Explorer transmission again. The Navajo, which has components, that never came in it, is way easier to do. New transmission will go in next weekend. When beautiful and 75*.

20240303_202143.jpg

Looks a little tight , but what makes it worse then the earlier versions? All the stuff you have to move out of the way?

Looks a little tight , but what makes it worse then the earlier versions? All the stuff you have to move out of the way?

It's like a onion. You have to pull back layers with everything stacked on top of each other.

Mission Complete!

New/used transmission installed and working. No **** issues, nice and smooth. Just saved myself over $5k.

20240310_185515.jpg

Back