• Register Today It's free!

Stripped Pinch Bolt!

Trapper14

Reaction score
City, State
Horseheads, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xl 2dr
I am freaking out here. Alright, I didn't want to mess with installing ball joints, so I had my moms friend install them for me for $100. Didn't seem so bad I guess, but here is the kicker

I go to the alignment shop, and I get called out to the shop, and the guys says "who ever did this job, they F%c*ed everything up" He stripped both pinch bolts! amd they guys said I would have to drill the bolt out and retap. This is gunna be a PITA any ideas?

Once their stripped their is nothing you can do but fix the problem. When its complete I'd take the bill to the idiot that did the job and tell him to cough up the money to refund you your out of pocket cost to fix his screw up. If he tells you to go jump in a lake, insert your right boot into his posterior so everytime he sits he'll know how it feels to get it in the rear. :D

haha nnice option. I thought about this, then realized he went to prison for a number of years of murder :eek: So I am not going to be in contact with him any long.

I would just eat the cost for the bolt if he installed your ball joints right it was well worth the 100 you paid him:(

Back