wired_af

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
I've got a problem here:

I have a Visonik V700HC amp that is 650W at 2 ohms, and an Audiobahn AW1000X subwoofer with the 4 ohm DVCs wired parallel to make a 2 ohm load. I got it all hooked up to the amp in my sealed box, but there is barely any bass comimg from the sub, and when I turn the bass boost and gain all the way up all I get is distortion from the sub. Both the sub and the amp were bought from the zeb, I am using 4 gauge power and ground and 12 gauge speaker wire. I have triple check all wires and switches but I cannot fix this problem, anyone know whats goin on? :confused:

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So the amp is 650 RMS? What is the RMS rating of the sub?

And you're going RCA from HU to amp? Is the HU set to default (ie, there are no weird things enabled)?

Ok, I'm still a bit confused by audio stuff:

You're not sending the sub 1300W, are you?

And you're sure you haven't blown the sub or got a bad one? I'd both test the sub with another amp, and the amp with another sub.

if one coil is blowin( =) i blew up my first 10) the sub will put out minimal bass but will kinda of soound like a bunch of bolts are ratteling around inside the sub..its hard to explain the sound

BUT...big big but here..if u set the pos and neg on one coil..then when u wire the other coil u swith the pos and neg on the amp..so say u have the pos going to the red conector on one side..then on the other u have the negative on the red..that will also cause no bass and nothing but distortion

i think? if a coil is blown and push the sub in evenly( the bell in not tipping to one side or the other) and it makes a scratching noise the coil is dead? not sure on that one

but u might just have a wire crossed =) hope that helps

You will get distortion if you have your gain all the way up and the bass boost, you would be driving your amp into clipping probably. Turn off the bass boost and set the gain at 1/2 and check your settings on the HU maybe.

Possibly. (terrible answer, I know)

Any setup that's improper can usually either work for no apparent reason, or lead to stuff like this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok are u sure that u have the positives and negatives in the right spont on the amp? doenst matter what wire u have hooked where on the sub as long as its the same on the amp..so if u have black with white writing on the pos on the sub that needs to be on the pos on the amp

even out of phase it wouldnt be that bad would it? it would still play right?

ok i just thought of something try this..but ONLY run it a few secconds just run 1 voice coil to check and see.run 1 for 1 secconds then the other for 1 seccond if one sounds different then the other theres a problem..but if they both sound fine its ur wireing...just dont run on one VC..they smoke out and die trust me lol

Back