Super Swamper Boggers or Mickey thompson Baja Claws? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Super Swamper Boggers or Mickey thompson Baja Claws?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're wrong... I love my boggers... and one of the mags... I think Petersons, said the boggers are superior in the goo... Boggers rule :)
Pete

i've heard awesome remarks about the baja's, but never in mud. If you're running through serious mud, stick with boggers or swampers.

I'd have to agree with everyone else. I mean, they're not called Super Swampers for nothing. But for all around I'd rather have the Baja Claw.

I had to reply to defend my new beloved baja claws. I have ran both Boggers and now Baja Claws. If its all about mud its really hard to say which is best. We all now that the Boggers are made for mud and they do the job without a problem, BUT Mickeys can and have kept up with the Boggers. If you want just a mud tire obvisiouly the Bogger is the way to go. If you want a tire that you can do everything with the Claws are my choice. Just my .02 cents!

I will have to agree with Studedx 110%. Although I have never run anything else other than the Baja's, I was very impressed with mine in the mud in Attica. I broke my front driveshaft and still went muddin to sling mud around and couldnt believe how much they hooked up and slung me foward!!! Just like Studedx said, they are the best all around M/T's around. They sound very smooth on the road and are very easy to handle. If mud and rock is your only thing, stay with the Swampers and Boggers. Just my .02 cents worth too.

The bogger and claw are two different animals. The ply of the bogger is far superior to the claw. If your a daily driver go with the baja claw. You could probably fit a larger baja claw size than bogger due to the lack of large lugs found on the bogger. The problem with the claw is that they have a v style tread. In reverse they act like a gumbo mudder or essentially a tractor tire. They just dig holes in reverse and get you stuck. Also the claw is made of very soft rubber so they wear down very fast. The bogger also wears down fast but this is due to the tread pattern not the soft rubber. But as far as offroad is concerned, nothing can compare to Super Swampers capabilities(sorry). Just look how long they've been around. The TSL has been around for something like 2 or 3 decades.

All professional mud racers use Boggers. Most of them are modified though--they remove the smaller of the lugs--but modified boggers are NOT for the highway.

Boggers will always be king of the mud hole.

Back