For Sale - Supercharged '98 Explorer - Custom | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Supercharged '98 Explorer - Custom

ttmitcham

Reaction score
City, State
Boise, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
picture.php

Custom 1998 Ford Explorer XLT with a Supercharged 5.0L v8!

I bought this great little truck back in 2009 at 175k miles, and over the 27k miles I've owned it, I've done the following:

-Explorer Express X-Charger roots type supercharger
-Heads decked with New copper head gaskets
-Complete transmission rebuild with performance shift kit
-Custom two-tone paint job
-20" Sport Edition wheels with Goodyear Fortera tires
-Quick-ratio steering rack
-Firmer front anti-roll bar and links
-Body-matched grill
-Clear smoked lens headlights and turn signals
-Updated 2001 style bumper cover and fog lights

Stock Features:
-Sunroof
-CD/Cassette/AM/FM head unit with 6 disc changer
-Leather seats (no rips or tears)
-Power locks/windows/seats/mirrors
-Auto headlights
-Basically everything except for auto climate control

She's been a fun little truck, starts right up, runs super good, everything except cruise works like a charm, transmission shifts tight, AC blows ice cold, turn in is as direct as some sport cars! Not perfect, but a solid rig; I'm going to miss the looks I get in her. Unfortunately, it's time to move on, and I hope she goes to a good owner! Asking $4,800 obo.

Here's a review from Motor Trend about the X-Charger system from back in the day: http://www.motortrend.com/features/112_9811_super_charged_ford_explorer_v8/viewall.html

Here's my craigslist post with a bunch more pictures: http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5245081711.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer

That two tone paint is very nice looking.
Already has a supercharger too, great upgrade.
Very nice truck!

Thanks man, she's a nice street machine, actually get's a few looks! But yours is a street menace! I saw that video of 1/4mi passes, and just, wow...I don't know if I've ever seen a better sleeper in my life!

explorers

Thanks, LOL. Street Menace, yea that about sums it up.LOL.

If you end up not selling your truck I know a few guys on here that could give you some pointers on installing a 347 stroker motor.

if it does sell I hope someone on here buys it so we could all keep an eye on it.

Now Sold

If anyone was curious, she's been sold to a guy who I think will take good care of her. I'm going to forward him a link to this site; maybe he'll join up and give us some progress reports!

Thanks guys
Tom

Explorer

Thanks for the update!
By the way, where did you get a Quick-ratio steering rack? And did you like it?

Back