SYNC 2 Module Between APIM & Screen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 2 Module Between APIM & Screen

techs10

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT, 2001 Sport Trac
Hello, I purchased a used APIM / Screen assembly online, but it included a 3rd module. Does anyone know what this module is? It sits between the APIM and Screen. I don't know what vehicle year/model it came from. Can it be removed and the remaining 2 modules (APIM & Screen) be used in a 2013 Explorer XLT after updating the ABD info?

ZSuE--sHtlTD3cl3Zm-_izdK-ZR6CiRSDmSr=w1024-h768-no.jpg

k5IyIFZo2h6s8o1bKbjXyuIK21nhyExzlyBc=w1024-h768-no.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Unfortunately I have no idea what it is for. Is there any other identifying number on the part other than what is shown?
What year and trim did these parts come out of?

Peter

Thanks!
Unfortunately there isn't any more markings or part numbers on the device. I am going to try and remove it, attach the AIPM directly to the screen and see if I can get Forscan to recognize it

Again. what was the donor vehicle?

Unfortunately the seller that I purchased this from does not know that information. Removing the module and then programming has worked and the new APIM / Screen is up and running without issue.

My best guess is that it is an aftermarket module that adds a feature like, Wireless Android Auto / Apple Car Play / Screen Mirroring to original Sync 2 system.

Back