SYNC 3 latest version | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

I understand that. This is "downloading" an update though, just not looking for one. And it's a newer version that what I have installed.
From what I understood from reading your post is that it is NOT downloading.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an early 2017 Ex Sport and my Sync 3 is definitely connected to my router and the Auto Updates is selected.
When I look at what is going on, it tells me I have Sync 3 V2 installed and that it is "Downloading" an update.
The little progress bar at the bottom of the screen is colored in for about 1 1/4 inches and that is exactly where
it was when I bought the car 3 months ago and it has not progressed any farther.
My car is only about 20 feet from my router so it sits there, in full strength signal, most of the time and nothing happens as far as updates go.

My wife has a late 2017 Mustang GT also with the Sync 3 and also properly connected to my router with Auto Updates etc, just like mine.
Her version of Sync 3 is V2.3
The difference is that while mine says there is a download in progress, hers gives the option to Scan for Updates, but then it will scan forever and still never find anything.

:angryfire:

See this post for the latest version; SYNC 3 latest version The Sync 3 system currently allows uploading through your connection but not downloading, according to the latest from Ford. That is likely why yours is stuck where it is.

Peter

It appears that our SYNC 3 systems are LINUX based downloading those tar files. NICE!!!!

It appears that our SYNC 3 systems are LINUX based downloading those tar files. NICE!!!!

Yeah, they ditched Microsoft for Sync 3 and went with Blackberry's QNX system. I just wish they could've spent a little time on making it pretty, or allowing users to make it pretty.

Got a FordPass update today on Android. After work, got in my explorer and when I went to apps, FordPass showed up. Gives you info on your car, ability to call for roadside, closest dealer, recent destinations, etc. Check it out.

I finally took my '17 EX Sport to the dealer because the Sync 3 was not updating and still on v2.0 even though the system was definitely connected to my router.
They diagnosed it and said it was the APIM module which I guess is also a modem device.
Part should be in middle of the week so we will see.
My wife's '17 Mustang GT also will not update and is on v2.3.
After pressing "Scan for updates" it will scan forever and never hook up
Dealer said they can "install" the latest update at the dealership
I will keep you apprised of what happens

Way to go Ford:angryfire:

BTW...since the diagnosis of my Ex Sport, I had to reconnect my phone to the system and my MPG reading in the Trip modes is super inaccurate now. I was showing about 17mpg around town and about 22 on the hiway right before the diagnosis but now it fluctuates all the way down to about 8mpg. The reading also changes quickly when I'm standing still.

WiFi updates have not been working for quite some time. Go to the owner site and download the update and install via USB.

The dealer isn't replacing your APIM because WiFi updates didn't work. I would guess they attempted to update it via the dealer method which also involves the use of USB and it failed so they went through the Ford guided process of testing the APIM and they received confirmation the APIM is defective at which point they would receive official approval to have it replaced under warranty.

I finally took my '17 EX Sport to the dealer because the Sync 3 was not updating and still on v2.0 even though the system was definitely connected to my router.
They diagnosed it and said it was the APIM module which I guess is also a modem device.
Part should be in middle of the week so we will see.
My wife's '17 Mustang GT also will not update and is on v2.3.
After pressing "Scan for updates" it will scan forever and never hook up
Dealer said they can "install" the latest update at the dealership
I will keep you apprised of what happens

Way to go Ford:angryfire:

BTW...since the diagnosis of my Ex Sport, I had to reconnect my phone to the system and my MPG reading in the Trip modes is super inaccurate now. I was showing about 17mpg around town and about 22 on the hiway right before the diagnosis but now it fluctuates all the way down to about 8mpg. The reading also changes quickly when I'm standing still.
As Jason mentioned, the auto download is not yet available as has been mentioned several times here. See post #403. The dealer can install the latest version but it will cost you. Do it yourself as Jason said.

Peter

WiFi updates have not been working for quite some time. Go to the owner site and download the update and install via USB.

The dealer isn't replacing your APIM because WiFi updates didn't work. I would guess they attempted to update it via the dealer method which also involves the use of USB and it failed so they went through the Ford guided process of testing the APIM and they received confirmation the APIM is defective at which point they would receive official approval to have it replaced under warranty.

Thanks for that info. Is there a specific link you might provide to this "owner's site". I haven't found anything so far that offers up anything.
Thanks

Did you get it updated?

NO.
I am unable to log into the Ford owner site and they told me there is a problem on their side that won't let me sign in???
At this point it really doesn't matter at all since I may have totaled my car this morning.
Woman ran a VERY red light and I hit her in the side at about 40mph.
I am fine I think, but I'll know more in the morning. She was walking & talking but there may be a delay there too.
Luckily there were a number of witnesses to her running the red
I wonder what color I should get????

I just signed in without any issue. Were you able to register? If not, keep trying because sooner or later you're going to need it.
Glad to hear you are okay. I like the light colours myself since the vehicle stays looking cleaner longer and cooler.

Peter

Thanks. I'll try again. Even the guy from their tech support was unable to get me signed in. I already had an account form when we bought my wife's Mustang GT last August but when trying to log in it refused my info. Even trying to reset the password that they sent me wasn't working.

I agree on the light colors. I really liked the silver.

I have a 2018 Sport Explorer and have been having "issues" where the system does not download the updated software that it found .

It has been going on for the last little bit.

42947782575_f30b7ea562_b.jpg

42043085150_21c9db70e3_b.jpg

42043091170_c05c011fdc_b.jpg

Is there something that needs to be updated by the dealership? I am going to be going in this week for my 10k maintenance. Not sure where to find what version I do have installed, the software license menu does show a license name that is similar to what is being downloaded.

Thanks!

I have a 2018 Sport Explorer and have been having "issues" where the system does not download the updated software that it found . It has been going on for the last little bit.

Is there something that needs to be updated by the dealership? I am going to be going in this week for my 10k maintenance. Not sure where to find what version I do have installed, the software license menu does show a license name that is similar to what is being downloaded.

Thanks!
Your thread has been moved to this one in the 2017+ Sync 3 sub forum.
If you go back a page you will find another member with the same problem. As posted, Ford has advised that the ability to download software updates has not been completed yet. At least there seems to be some progress as it is only lately that updates have even been found. Prior to this, it would just keep searching and searching until the user intervened to end it.
As for your current version, just select View Current Soft Version which is just above where it shows Scan for Updates Now on the last screen shot above.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else getting the notification when connected to WiFi that Sync has identified an update

I already did the upgrade to 3.0 back in June

Ford website says I have the latest version and am up to date....However, it's trying to download the following update:

Sync Software JR3T-14G423-CA_130684.tar.gz

I can't find anything on the Ford website addressing it.....Just curious of others are seeing this as well...I'm inclined just to turn WiFi off....The download does not progress, and doesn't appear anything is happening..

Thanks!! :)

Back