• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 navigation glitch

Chris-74

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
I encountered a strange glitch while using voice navigation today. So I had to run a couple of errands for work, and after getting on the road I thought I would test to see if the nav could find the place I was going (I knew where to go, but just wanted to check if the nav could find this particular small business I was going to). I pressed the voice button and asked to find a POI nearby. I said the name of the business, then looked down at the screen to choose from the list the lovely voice was asking me to select from. The window that pops open presenting choices was blank. Not even a header showing. I say "cancel" and then start again. Same thing happens. Once back to home screen, I also notice my phone had disconnected from Bluetooth. I reconnect my phone, and try the voice nav again. This time instead of asking for 'nearby' I say my city name. Sync no comprende. It starts telling me to make sure there's no background noise so it can understand me better. I say the city again louder and clearer. No response. I live in Vancouver, not some obscure town, how does it not understand? After yelling VANCOUVER!! again and still nothing, I gave up and cancelled. Back on main screen and I see no phone connected again. I arrived at the place I was going to, went in for about 10 minutes, came back out to the car, and decided to try one more time. Success! Everything worked fine. Phone still connected.
I hope this doesn't become a common occurrence....

Back