Sync turn by turn - Charges?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
I have the turn by turn sync directions and recieved a cell phone bill over 40 dollars extra because I used the turn by turn feature on the Ex. Did any of you recieve these charges? I called them and they didn't want to remove it from my bill.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is the first I have heard of this. I will be pissed if they are charging for turn by turn directions....

Ford doesn't charge for the directions.........it calls out for the down load through your cell phone. Each call can take up to 2 minutes or so..............this may be making you go over your minutes allocated. I know I use my phone a whole lot more now that the direction and the phone call themselves are integrated into the explorer.

Who is THEY? Ford or your phone service provider? Sounds like your being charged by your cell phone provider. If so that has nothing to do with turn by turn. Us here in Canada don't have to worry about THEM. THEY won't allow US to use turn by turn directions. Apparently THEY think that it is an invasion of OUR privacy. Sooo...... THEY are protecting us from THEM, who happen to be THEY. LMAO. I love Canakistan. Damn Commy pinkos. Who are THEY to tell ME what I want to do with MY information. It's o.k for THEM to track every movement I make on MY cell phone though. Ooops, did I go on a rant. Really GRINDS MY GEARS.

I have the turn by turn sync directions and recieved a cell phone bill over 40 dollars extra because I used the turn by turn feature on the Ex. Did any of you recieve these charges? I called them and they didn't want to remove it from my bill.
What did you get charged for? Cell phone usage minutes?

The syncmyride site includes the note "Standard text messaging and data rates may apply."

I got charged because the sync required me to download the GPS coordinates of my destination. Just checking if it was normal. I guess I shouldn't use the turn by turn.

I got charged because the sync required me to download the GPS coordinates of my destination. Just checking if it was normal. I guess I shouldn't use the turn by turn.

That doesn't sound right. I used the sync turn by turn directions all the time in our 2010 Fusion and was never charged any extra on my cellphone bill for it. I didn't have a data plan on my previous cellphone either.

sync uses voice or txt messages.

Turn by turn (ie. Traffic, Directions, Information, ie TDI) is free for first three years.

Back