Continuing phone call after arriving at destination. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Continuing phone call after arriving at destination.

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
I thought I read somewhere that if I am having a conversation on my cell phone using the car's bluetooth, I can continue the conversation after arriving at my destination simply by turning off the car and using my handheld cell phone.

This does not seem to be working for me, so I find myself either ending the call & calling the person back, or sitting in my car after I've arrived to continue talking.

Is there something else you need to do?

Edited to add: I'm using an older LG Chocolate (which otherwise is syncing beautifully w/my car)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The iPhone has an option on the iPhone screen to select how to handle the call - iPhone, Whatever your car is called, Speaker (?). My guess is that you need to manually transfer the call to your handset. Anyone know if this is supposed to happen automatically?

I have an iPhone and it happens automatically. As soon as I open the door the call is active on my handset. Same thing going in the car. As soon as I start the car it automatically transfers from the handset to the car bluetooth.

Depending on what kind of phone you have it may be a phone issue. Good luck!

I thought I read somewhere that if I am having a conversation on my cell phone using the car's bluetooth, I can continue the conversation after arriving at my destination simply by turning off the car and using my handheld cell phone.

This does not seem to be working for me, so I find myself either ending the call & calling the person back, or sitting in my car after I've arrived to continue talking.

Is there something else you need to do?

Edited to add: I'm using an older LG Chocolate (which otherwise is syncing beautifully w/my car)

Your call should automatically transfer to your phone once you turn your vehicle off and open the driver side door. If you don't open the door, it will continue to go through SYNC until the allotted time is up and your system fully turns off. You can also turn on Privacy Mode before you turn your vehicle off and it should transfer the call to your phone.

Rebecca

OK, thank you. I'll try it again.

Back