Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

Yes, you can go straight to 20196 with the 1.19 maps.
You only need to go to 19101 if you have 19274 or higher and need to update the maps. I.e. If you have 20136 and 1.18 maps you need to flash 19101 and then 20196 with 1.19. You can't update maps in 19274 or higher.

Fritz
I have a stock 18 Platinum.
I don't want to bother with doing multiple updates.
Where can I go to get instructions to go to 20196 with 1.19 directly from stock?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe that the map update is separate from the Sync update as I mentioned in post #159.

Peter

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the forum for all the help. Finally got around to installing the 3.4 update with F9 maps today and it went flawlessly. Took 25:57 going from 3.0.17276 with 1.16 map to 3.4.20196 with 1.19 maps. The new Explorer splash screen alone is worth the update, let alone the (in my opinion) better UI. Navigating through menu's feels snappier as well, still a bit of a hang going into Nav but that's to be expected.

I agree about what Nav. Mine is a little slow to get going.

Just updated from 3.4 build 19101 to build 20196 with out issue.

Build 20237 just got released, anyone give it a shot yet?

I will tomorrow.
From what I gathered it's just a CPU governor update to differentiate between the MY20 1.5ghz and MY18.5 and down 1.0ghz. Could be more but that's all I read, please report your findings though!

I was having terrible problems with my head unit. The dealer said the fix was a new head unit and APIM. I am over miles and they said it was about 3k.

Found this thread, updated to 20196 and 3.4. Beautiful.

I just have to figure how to change the logo from Ford oval to Explorer....or maybe even a custom logo!

For those looking for tutorials... I haven't used these myself as I usually build my own installer but I've heard of many people using these tutorials without issues.

I was having terrible problems with my head unit. The dealer said the fix was a new head unit and APIM. I am over miles and they said it was about 3k.

Found this thread, updated to 20196 and 3.4. Beautiful.

I just have to figure how to change the logo from Ford oval to Explorer....or maybe even a custom logo!
In ForScan in APIM as built - 7D0-02-01 xxxx 12xx xxzz for the Explorer splash screen.

Just updated to 20237 I haven't noticed any bugs as of yet. Feels a little snappier and boots a little faster I feel.

How do I get into it with forscan? I get async version error

Just updated to 20237 I haven't noticed any bugs as of yet. Feels a little snappier and boots a little faster I feel.
Where did you find the file?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Updated to 237, was hoping my Sirius icons would come back, guess they are gone forever. Bummer. Seems to run ok, not noticing any issues.

Back