Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just updated to SYNC 3.4 20196 yesterday.

Some small slight changes, audio screens look a bit different, also read that the usb issue might be fixed.

Just updated to SYNC 3.4 20196 yesterday.

Some small slight changes, audio screens look a bit different, also read that the usb issue might be fixed.

I did this as well the other day and everything is working as it should.

I did this as well the other day and everything is working as it should.
I've been seeing some of your comments on Discord. Is upgrading to 20196 worthwhile over 20136? Do the phone buttons work under Android Auto. They don't work under AA on my 2017 Superduty, haven't really tested them on the Explorer. The wife drives it most of the time.

Do you have to downgrade from 20136 first...to get 20196

I've been seeing some of your comments on Discord. Is upgrading to 20196 worthwhile over 20136? Do the phone buttons work under Android Auto. They don't work under AA on my 2017 Superduty, haven't really tested them on the Explorer. The wife drives it most of the time.

I never use the phone in the car. I can try next time I am in there. By Buttons under Android Auto what do mean? Using the Phone app in Android Auto?

I never use the phone in the car. I can try next time I am in there. By Buttons under Android Auto what do mean? Using the Phone app in Android Auto?
I'm talking about the steering wheel buttons to answer or hang up a call under AA. I should have been more specific. They work fine for normal Sync calls, but are useless with AA.

A note when upgrading to 20196. If you play music from a USB stick, you cannot change albums anymore while car is in motion due to "Safety Feature has Disabled Function".
Track changes still work but SEARCH is disabled.

Fritz

So I've been following this forum for awhile and I think I'm ready to try and take the dive. I have a 2018 Explorer Sport with NAV on 3.0. I'm wanting to update straight to 3.4 with 1.19 maps. Do I have to do anything special coming from 3.0 or is it simple enough to just reformat and install from there?

I'd say go for it.

I didn't have any issues. It takes a bit, but worth it for me.

So I've been following this forum for awhile and I think I'm ready to try and take the dive. I have a 2018 Explorer Sport with NAV on 3.0. I'm wanting to update straight to 3.4 with 1.19 maps. Do I have to do anything special coming from 3.0 or is it simple enough to just reformat and install from there?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I'd say go for it.

I didn't have any issues. It takes a bit, but worth it for me.
Only thing I'm worried about is somehow accidently flashing the firmware and bricking my APIM. Do you know which files you used? Did you just use the Sync3Updater or compile files manually?

I did not flash any firmware. Out of my pay grade. It only gives two features that I can live without.

I built my own files from what I found online.

There has been success with CyanLabs.

I’ve had great success with cyanlabs. I like to have the latest.

I have used Cyanlabs to go from 3.0 to 3.4. Version 19200.
Then to 19274 (USB Bug), downgrade to 19101, update to 20136 (sucks), back to 19101 then to 20196 (has safety lockouts) went back to 19101 and now back again to 20196 (found workaround) and everything still works fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For some reason cant update from 20136 to 20196. Tried 2 different usb's Keep getting update error.

Back