Teal LED flex strip? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Teal LED flex strip?

Blues Fan 30

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Anyone know where to find a teal led light strip that I can tuck up under the dash? I originally was thinking of doing red, but all the other lighting in the 2016 sport is that teal color so I figure itd probably look best as close to that as possible. There are some goofy kits out there like this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076F1Z9H...&pd_rd_r=3a39ccd5-cc95-11e8-b413-df24a88cfed6 that I am sure would work OK, but just not sure I trust all that fancy junk and would rather stick to a single solid color.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can change the ambient lighting to different colors.

You can change the ambient lighting to different colors.
What all lighting does this change? Does it change the "Explorer" on the door sill as well?!?! This is mind blowing lol had no idea...kinda want to tell my boss I need a half day so I can go home and play bahahaha

What all lighting does this change? Does it change the "Explorer" on the door sill as well?!?! This is mind blowing lol had no idea...kinda want to tell my boss I need a half day so I can go home and play bahahaha

Oh, not the Explorer sil plate...that doesn't change with the ambient lighting.

From page 417 of your Owner's Manual; (lots of good info in there;))

Ambient Lighting (If Equipped)
When you switch this feature on, ambient
lighting illuminates the dashboard,
footwells, doors, cupholders, and console
with a choice of colors.

Peter

From page 417 of your Owner's Manual; (lots of good info in there;))

Ambient Lighting (If Equipped)
When you switch this feature on, ambient
lighting illuminates the dashboard,
footwells, doors, cupholders, and console
with a choice of colors.

Peter
I've got a hunch my 2016 Sport is not equipped with this fancy pants feature. Probably reserved for the platinum models. Also, doesnt appear to change the button colors...am I mistaken there? Those would all stay that teal or ice blue or whatever its called?

Oznium.com has a huge selection of LEDs at good prices.

I've got a hunch my 2016 Sport is not equipped with this fancy pants feature. Probably reserved for the platinum models. Also, doesnt appear to change the button colors...am I mistaken there? Those would all stay that teal or ice blue or whatever its called?

My 2016 Sport can change the ambient lighting (through the radio) but the door still stays the teal color.

I think Ice Blue is the name. My 2011 Limited has the ambient lighting but since it states "If Equipped", it may be part of an option package.

Peter

Well bummer, ours is not equipped with ambient lighting...back to the drawing board

Well bummer, ours is not equipped with ambient lighting...back to the drawing board

How is that possible?
I also own a 2016 Sport and have ambient lighting that can change colors.

How is that possible?
I also own a 2016 Sport and have ambient lighting that can change colors.
My understanding is that its an optional package, so it would have had to have been built specifically with that feature. It was not a standard feature unfortunately.

My understanding is that its an optional package, so it would have had to have been built specifically with that feature. It was not a standard feature unfortunately.

I can't see your location in your profile, but assume you're in the US?
Over here in Canada, it came standard with the Sport.

Yes, it is an option. The ford dealers show that I can have it installed on mine for $250. They probably could do it for the 2016 as well. Now if this accessory can still be controlled from the Sync is my question or if I too would be stuck with a remote control.

Interior Light Kit | The Official Site for Ford Accessories

I don't believe
Yes, it is an option. The ford dealers show that I can have it installed on mine for $250. They probably could do it for the 2016 as well. Now if this accessory can still be controlled from the Sync is my question or if I too would be stuck with a remote control.

Interior Light Kit | The Official Site for Ford Accessories
Unless things have changed, the add-on is quite different from the factory package. Adding DVD and ambient lighting to XLT I don't know about the possibility of controlling it through Sync but I highly doubt it is possible. There are a few existing threads on this feature.

Peter

Back