Votes: 75 29.6%
  • Old People

Votes: 178 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i'm not gonna vote young or old cause they are both pretty bad,

not to be sexist or anything but my vote goes to women,

now i'm not saying that all women suck at driving, just a lot :D

my mother is a very good driver and believe it or not has never been pulled over, not once,

but there are some that just don't seem to have even gone through a class!!!

i especially loved the incident where i was going 65 in my F-150 pulling a trailer and hauling three 4-wheelers, woman gets right up on my ass and then passes me, as soon as she merged back into the right lane in front of me she jams on her brakes and forces me down to 55! oh my God i could have just smashed right into her intentionally, but my turn was coming up :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i voted old people becasue they either drive to slow, drive to fast around turns, cant see well, drive in the middle of the road, stop where there isnt a stop sign, go though the stop sign and the list goes on and on and on ........i also voted old people because not to long ago right in front of my house a old person stop in the middle of the road than another old person ran in the back of them!!!1

Both! Me (17) and my dad (61) on a 623 mile road trip, each armed with a Buick Reatta. I drove us there in our Reatta coupe and picked up a convertable in Iowa. We got there and back home pretty quick :D

You need another category

Anyone with a wheelchair on their tag. I refuse to get behind anyone with a wheelchair tag because usually their driving habits explain why they have a wheelchair on their tag.

Electrohacker said:
it's like move it you old HAG! it's snow it aint the MF'n appocolypse... and you , you old fart who think you can pass me at 70 mph to go 40 mph.. you pull that S again and you'll be wishin you hadn't... I'll scare you into a heart attack you old piece of C

haha yea, but teens do drive pretty bad. when i first got my license i drove like a maniac then i realized thats how i tore **** up.

i find them both annoying then if you put in immigrants and tourists young paople here drive really badly i.e. too fast, and are over represented in the fatality statistics

I have to vote for old people. Where I live there are many retired folks. Town cars, Caddys, and Buicks are everywhere. A few things that they do that annoy me and are dangerous:

Turning left across the median, they don't look for oncoming traffic. I have had around 5 near crashes like this. Had to slam on the brakes and swerve. Once on my bike and that wouldn't have been pretty.

The only crash I have been involved in was with a guy with a buick making a left turn in front of me. He pulled out and I t-boned him. Insurance said it was 100% his fault.

With their big cars they like to ding up my doors in the parking lots.

I try to stay away from them on the road and in parking lots.

I hope I didn't pi$$ anyone off with my experiences. This is just my experience and when I'm old I'm sure I'll be wonderful driver :)

The younger guys are fun.... Leaving them in the dust with a WTF look as a little ranger blows by their F150s/1500.

:D

I've been rear-ended 3 times in the last year. All of the drivers were under 21, 2 were males, 1 female. The last one was an 18 y/o kid driving a Nissan 4x4 .... wet road, was messing with his tunes ... didn't see the stop sign, didn't see me stopped at it until it was too late. Good thing I had my foot off the brake and there was nobody in front of me -- I got knocked 100 yds forward from the impact. Happened exactly one month ago today ... I'd still be in the hospital if I'd had the brakes on.

I've never had an accident with anyone over 60. Yeah, the Q-tips are irritating ... no question ... I don't like following someone in the left lane of a freeway doing 50 with daylight ahead of them, either. But they're typically nowhere near as dangerous -- or as numerous -- as the kids. And there are some dangerous old folks out there, too. I get just as riled at people who won't give up their drivers licenses when it's time.

But bad drivers can come in any age group, gender, ethnicity, economic circumstance, or any other category you want to use -- the only thing I can guarantee about the next bad driver you encounter is that he or she will be an individual who might belong to any number of groups. PAY ATTENTION. DRIVE AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED UPON IT. It does.

I've seen far too many lives sacrificed to the transportation gods over the last 30 years. It's never worth it.

Can't we all just get along !!! When I die I want go peaceful, not screaming and yelling like everyone else in the car with me...

The worst is old people driving slow on a 2 lane road and when you go to pass them they kinda drift between lanes and you feel like they are gonna side-swipe you when you pass on the side.

Worst is young people driving on a two lane road and when you go to pass them they realize where they are and what they are doing jerk the wheel and speed up. I have learned to get a run at them so I'm by them before they know it.

Bill Kemp said:
Worst is young people driving on a two lane road and when you go to pass them they realize where they are and what they are doing jerk the wheel and speed up. I have learned to get a run at them so I'm by them before they know it.

Luckily, I don't have the problem anymore. Thank you, boost. :D

Since I turned 20 last month and am no longer considered a teen, my vote now goes for them :D because I know what mistakes can be made on a learning curve and what some dumb thing some of my friends still do.

If some teenagers didn't drive threw traffic like an invisible Mario Andretti or something, old people wouldn't need the reflexes of a race car driver. The speed limit that is posted is a max limit not minimum. There is nothing more annoying than a teenager beside you rattling his/her car appart with an oversized sub woofer listening to something you can't even understand the words to. And those loud tail pipes that look like a tomato can and go ying ying! Talk about a safety hazzard, how are they suppost to hear a siren, a horn, etc.? Like they say, teens think they know everything. They even think they know more than the experts and engineers that decide speed limits in any areas based on all different conditions such as residential neighbourhoods, hidden driveways, how many driveways, schools, daycares,hills, center medians, etc.
:nono:

About 5 months ago, I definitely would have said old people. Now that I have to get out of my high school parking lot, it definitely goes to teens. 1500+ cars trying to get out of one small exit in less than 30min, while you have to wait for stoplights/traffic is not fun, so most of the kids just cut in front of you or don't let you go ahead of them(what your supposed to do). Then they don't even look at you, pretending they didn't see you there. :fire:

well right now i am a month away from turning 16. i have had my permit sense may 03' and i drove a 84' newyorker in a 25 achr(sp?) lot sense i was 8 years old. and i learned to drive on my gradpas lap in his brand new 94' explorer when i was 5 years old. i have learned alot in that time sense i started drving on the roads. i will freely admit that i speed 5-10 but never over 10 MPH over the speed limit. im also very quick to get up to the speed limit. most of the time what im driving hits about 5k RPM before it shifts into 2nd gear. now i read that some of you dont like this? may i ask why.. if im not doing anything other then getting up to the speed limit as quick as i can is that really a problem(im not trying to be a dick or anything i would just like to know?) i just see no reason in taking forever to hit 45-50MPH. but thats just me.

anyway i have to vote for teens. when i leave school my dad picks me up and i drive his V8 explorer AWD for the rest of the day. and i cant tell you how many times i have been cut off,seen a kid run a red light,jump infront of somone where they had no right to do so. now i get where im going as quickly as i can but i also try to do this as safly as i can. but i do not keep jumping lanes if its not going to do any good. most of the time it just makes you loose a space or 2 so its pointless. but if i see a good clear safe way to do over the limit by 5-10 MPH i will. but i wont cut somone off,jump amillion lanes..ect ect to gain nothing

bottom line theres bad drives of any age. but the award for biggest idiots has to go to teens. some of them just give us all a bad name by doing very very unsafe/rude things in traffic.

BTW i have allredy tryed to calm my drving down because i will be paying my own insurance. and i cant afford to get any tickets or in a wreck.

anyway this is just my feelings on the subject as of right now.

falls guy said:
...those loud tail pipes that look like a tomato can and go ying ying!

LMAO!!! :D

We got about 6" of slushy heavy snow over night and this morning here so I went out for a drive with my tow strap. Wouldn't you know, I pulled a teenager out of the ditch! I'm not old but I'm not a teenager. Been driving for almost 21 years. I'll tell you, she didn't think I was too annoying! Saved her about $120 or so! Then I helped out a fellow ex driver stuck trying to pull a utility trailer up about a 30% grade along the Welland canal with 2wd on sheer ice. Man am I glad I have 4x4!!!!!! I'l bet you a teenager with a 4x4 would have driven right on by laughing at them!LOL :smoke:

I would have to say teens are probably worse drivers than old people. My biggest pet peave no matter how old the person is, is when anyone tailgates. Do these people not realize that when you are 3 feet off of someones bumper, they are also only 6 feet off of my kids heads doing 60-70kms an hour. So that my friends is a serious point to ponder. So the moral of this story is the closer you get the slower i go. peace all.!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

falls guy said:
We got about 6" of slushy heavy snow over night and this morning here so I went out for a drive with my tow strap. Wouldn't you know, I pulled a teenager out of the ditch! I'm not old but I'm not a teenager. Been driving for almost 21 years. I'll tell you, she didn't think I was too annoying! Saved her about $120 or so! Then I helped out a fellow ex driver stuck trying to pull a utility trailer up about a 30% grade along the Welland canal with 2wd on sheer ice. Man am I glad I have 4x4!!!!!! I'l bet you a teenager with a 4x4 would have driven right on by laughing at them!LOL :smoke:

Actually my favorite thing to do when it snows here is jump in my x and drive around campus just for the purpose of pulling people out when they're stuck. I've helped so many people out that other students now come knocking on my door when they need a pull. :p

Not surprisingly, a university campus is a great place to find people in the ditch, because it's mostly teenagers (or a little older) driving on the roads :D

I just found your description of a performance exhaust kind of funny. I like the sound of a nice performance exhaust and I can still hear sirens just fine. And no I don't have any subs at all in my X. My mom hates the sound of performance exhaust, she says it makes her heart hurt :rolleyes:

Ah well, I shouldn't talk too much, some day I'll be an old guy complaning about youth and loud exhausts. :D

Back