Tellico! April 2002 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico! April 2002

gerald -- the 18 age rule... If I happen to be at Tellico the same day... are yall gonna run from me or something? haha. Thats sort of ridiculous.. I understand 16 -- but 18 I know college kids that arent even 18... they gotta bring their parents?? hahha. tellico is nice. I seen it once.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paul,

I do have the contact info http://www.pinecreekcabins.com

You know I forgot to mention (another senior moment) the spot where you are on Prckerwood is where I stood the Marshmallow up and almost over! I have it on video too.

When I got past Slickrock I went on to the top to get out of the way. When I got up there to a spot to park, I noticed a ledge in the trail. I couldn't tell how high it was and when my left front dropped over, the right rear came off the ground and I was headed for a certin head banger. So I jumped on the gas and was luckly that no one was near me. The next guy through was not so lucky. Kimble (another CNCer) who drives a Pinzgauer, rolled. He was caught by several people and we had to strap him over it.

Anyway............TELLICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Originally posted by BoatsRcool
gerald -- the 18 age rule... If I happen to be at Tellico the same day... are yall gonna run from me or something? haha. Thats sort of ridiculous.. I understand 16 -- but 18 I know college kids that arent even 18... they gotta bring their parents?? hahha. tellico is nice. I seen it once.

Don't push it.. Go look up "minor" and "the law", and then see "can be sued by parents, even if kid agreed to it".

What, you mean your an orphan?

Well for those of you who want to know about the law, here in the great state of south carolina once u turn 17 your a legal adult, u can be tried for anything and everything as an adult, no more juvi....i really think the 18 rule is a lil bit rediculous though, i could understand anyone under 16 b/c even though u can drive when your 15, you cant drive past dark until your atleast 16 and really 17 unlesss you get it extended, so if something was to happen you'd be screwed, and your not supposed to operate ATV/dirtbikes unless your 16 or under the supervision of an adult....what i said probably makes no sense but since i can be tried as an adult and go to the big jail i just feel that i should be able to wheel just my $.02

let me just say if my 3:27 gears and 32's and open diffs could take it, then I would be at tellico with you. see you later.

Confirmed, I will have my rockcrawler rims, 4.56 gears and rocksliders on and ready to go within two to three weeks, bars will be on for sure this weekend, I ordered the rims but since i am a stupid head and thought 4.5" backspacing meant that they stuck out but realized that it was the total opposite, so have to ship them back to 4-wheel parts and they are shipping the right ones to me this time and the gears w/instal kits are comming at that time too. I will keep all posted. oh ya all this "KID" crap can stop anytime , it is wasteing lots of our time on such frivalous stuff, if they show up without mommy and daddy, tHREE words for them "BUUUUHHHH-BYYYYYYYYYY-NOW" there is no sence in arguing guys. well there is my $.02 :D

Ok, so you guys just got back from the Pre-Pre-Run
The Pre-Run is actually April 13-14.
So when is THE run? I'm hoping to be capable by sometime late summer and would like to try it out on some tuff stuff. Has anyone started to plan the actual run yet?

tellico

Hope you guys have fun. For yall that went to the GW run it was cool but tellico dosnt look like its gonna happen for me. I finally got my lockers, both ends but Im gettin a D44 for a sas and i dont seem to have too much $$$ right now. the martinsville race is that weekend too and i cant seem to do two redneck things at once.

Another Potential Problem

Guys, according to the magazine "Four Wheeler", the Appalachian Jeep Jamboree is stated as being on April 12-14th in Murphy. I beleive Murphy is tellico. Yikes! :rolleyes:

YEOOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH !!!

Sure enough, there is a Jeep Jamboree at Tellico 12-14 April. We might want to reconsider the dates of the Pre-Run, or we'll be stuck behind Jeeps all weekend. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

there is a bronco run up there sometime in the spring as well. i have to find out and let ya'll know. but at least it is a ford gathering.:)

questons about age and rigs

OK guys I want it strait. I am 17 turning 18 in May and realy want to go. If the law states that I am a adult then my parents can't do anything like sueing because it is my choice. I would really like to join this run because I am only a hour and a half away from Tellico. Also by that time I should be running new rancho shocks, a two inch body lift and 31's on a 1994 4x4 limited explorer if you think that can make it around in there I will pull my own wieght and you will not have to worry. I have been four-wheeling down here in Chattanooga and not had a problem yet. I was taught by the best (my uncle who runs a lifted bronco) and would love nothing more than to just meet some other explorer fans and run some good trails. So I am in if you say I can go, if not ohh well I will just have to keep ridding down here till another run. Thanks,
Case

I have reservations and my front locker is going in this weekend!

TELLICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold up rick wait a minute!

Do you really wanna go the same weekend as the jeep jamboree?

Not really, but I had already made the reservations before finding out about the "Jeep thing".

Greald was trying to find out more info on their trip. I can change my reservation if I find out soon.

Rick

The Chance for a Stocker Run?

Unbelievable. We'll never get this thing scheduled. I got a reply from national Jeep Jamboree who said they would forward my request for information to the local director in charge of the run, and I expect an email in the next couple of days. I asked how many there were, their itinerary and what trails they plan to be on, which way they will be going on the trails, etc.

This MAY be great for us though. Jamborees typically have many stock vehicles and beginning drivers on them, and they are notorious for rockstacking and making the trails easier.

If we schedule our run for the very next weekend after the Jeepers' stack thier rocks and etc, and if it is dry; I'll bet that stockers would have little problem on Trail 4, go down 6, loop around again, and Trail 3.

I hope we didn't scare the stockers off now, and that they still check this thread. This may be the perfect opportunity to do an Explorer stocker run while we have the chance.

Curtis, rockstacking is exactly what the name implies. You get on a trail that's got an obstacle that is beyond your vehicle's capability, so you stack rocks around the big obstacle to make a homemade ramp to get over it. Look at the first photo in the "Tellico Rocks" thread. Some people did a lot of work to pile all those rocks in front of that ledge in order to become able to climb it.

Trail etiquette is that it is okay to stack rocks if you cannot make it over an obstacle; but if you have to, you should undo what you did after you finish and remove the rocks you moved and return them to their original place. That way the trail stays the way you found it and others with more capable vehicles can still enjoy conquering the trail at its more natural tougher level.

There's going to be a whole lot of stock Jeeps with 29" tires at Tellico that weekend. My bet is that they will not take the trouble to undo their rockstacking, and if we show up the very next weekend, the trails will still be the way they left them.

sounds good. i'm really still stock except for the standard budget boost, skids, and the bfgs.. if it turns out to be too bad.. think i could ride with one of the big dawgs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock, mild-stock, super-stock, or whatever - I won't be able to make this one. Sounds like it may be interesting, but I volunteered to coach my son's soccer team and that will keep me busy through about mid-May. Maybe next time...

Back