Tellico Revisited.. June 28th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico Revisited.. June 28th

i will not be camping. i only have saturday free, but it looks like the camping arrangements are being made. no they won't be the same as the other thread. i'll get some more info and repost here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yall are gonna love it...i dont think yall understand how fun it is watching the Monty go at it, he is without a doubt the most entertaining person to watch ever.

bump..
this is a few weeks away. again.. i'm only going for saturday.. but most of the folks are riding sunday too. take a look at one of the threads for details. "selimyar" is the one putting it together.

http://www.4x4wire.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=116;t=000066

were getting headcount ready so chime in if you've made up your mind yet please.

check out the variety of vehicles that will be there.. i bet none of you have wheeled with a vehicross before!

As far as I'm concerned, I'm definitely in for Saturday. However, there are things out of my control that might hamper our plans.

Jason, just out of curiosity, if you could picture my Ex with tow hooks and rocksliders, do you think it could handle anything Tellico had to offer? Or would it just be better to ride up with you, assuming that offer is still open.

offer still open. not sure about the front seat though. and once we are there.. i have to throw the tire in the cargo area, likely removing room for seats back there. i'b be really surprised if nobody had an open seat. i'll ask around to those that are going.

as far as your rig up there... hmm... tough call. you could get it through some of the moderate trails with enough patience and nerves, as long as you realize the risks involved. i think josh adams did some of the trails back when he was stock with the exception of 265s, and he has a longer wheelbase than you. maybe he will chime in. my biggest concern would be you driving there for you first time on rocks.

Alright, I'll have to think about it. I'll also have to let my dad think about it :rolleyes:

If I could just catch a ride from you up and back on Saturday that'd be great. I, too, imagine that someone would have a front seat they wouldn't mind letting me sit in for the day :)

I know this is probably a stupid question, but where is Tellico, and how can I get there?

its in murphy, NC. where eric rudolph just got caught. :)

I don't know exactly how to get there, but it's on the North Carolina/Tennessee border. Here are a couple maps from the other thread Jason posted:

telrdmp.jpg

maptotellico.jpg

I hope those are detailed enough to at least give you an idea

I am going, so count me in.

As far as diablo driving w/sliders and hooks, it really all depends on what size tires he is running. If they are 235/75s, then I say you will be gettin hung up on stuff underneath a pretty good bit. When I went with 265s, we only did trail 5, well half of it, and the only thing I got hung up on was a big rock right in the middle of the trail. Honestly, I wouldn't try it unless you had at least 32's, then its all up to you man.

he's got 31s. but cool.. i'll add you to the list josh!

Hmmm. Alright, well it sounds like it's not really worth the risk. Thanks for the advice guys!

Hey, does anybody have an open seat for Saturday?

Right now it looks like I will be going. I will most likely be heading down friday and coming back on saturday, since it is around a 5 hour drive for me......
Need advice though! I am wanting either sliders or a locker beforehand, which one would be more advisable?

Well, your high enough I think to where you would not have a high likely hood of body damage, that and your factory stuff would take the brunt of it. Get the PowerTrax No Slip.

i'll second the locker.. although sliders are much cheaper and very easy to make.

I was playing with the idea of getting a selectable locker, maybe the E Locker. I think thats the one that fits our 8,8? I figure if I am going to do it once, it might as well be the last time!

only selectable your gonna be able to get right now is the ARB. and yeah.. do it right the first time!

I have a Performance Accessories mag that has an Eaton Elocker and its application list shows a 10-8.8 Front/Rear. Am I reading that wrong?

just called reider racing... they told me eaton just released one for the GM 9.something and that is the only one. said eaton wouldn't tell them when any others will be released. the 8.8 is not out yet according to him.

back in jan or so.. i was told they are way behind schedule due to one of the suppliers not making parts good enough and they had to get a new supplier and new parts. said 8.8 wouldn't be ready until his guess of this fall. good news for us IFS guys though.. he said our IFS "d35" was on the list to be produced.. but they do them all by related sizes..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

btw.. give them a call and confirm it though. that would be great if the guy i talked to was wrong.

Back