Tellico Revisited.. June 28th | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico Revisited.. June 28th

Originally posted by the durango kid
well.. i wish i still had an explorer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...now there is a suprise

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jason, looks like we should meet in Murphy at the McDonalds probly. It looks like 129 would be an extra 20 or so miles for me.

What time are we supposed to meet Ray at the pay station?

ok.. now that should confuse anyone who reads this thread.

Originally posted by Josh Adams
Jason, looks like we should meet in Murphy at the McDonalds probly. It looks like 129 would be an extra 20 or so miles for me.

What time are we supposed to meet Ray at the pay station?

yeah i was thinking that. there isn't anywhere good to meet beforehand. we are supposed to meet ray at the second pay station at the base of #6 at 9:00. that means i gotta leave here bright and early! you remember how long it takes to get to the pay stations from that mcdonalds?

probly around 1 hr. that is an educated guess though, but it never hurts to be early.

You already have someone riding with you Josh?

ok josh.. so you wanna meet there around 7:45? give us time to get to that station and air down and disconnect.

Jason, 7:45ish would be good. Remind me to disconnect this time though.

Patrick, yeah, I have a passenger this time.

Originally posted by jasonb
ok.. now that should confuse anyone who reads this thread.

Yeah, that confused me. But cool, yay, I've got someone to ride with now! Thanks! :)

ray offered his seat up to anyone that wants to use it. that'd be fun!

caleb... this is directions from him. i told him charlotte as a starting point b/c i couldn't remember where in NC you were at the time.

"cool ... i guess he will take I-85 west from Charlotte to Spartanburg, then I-26 north to Hendersonville, then Route 64 west all the way to Murphy, NC ... then he can follow the directions i posted in the Tellico thread ... to get to Camp #3 he has to go all the way on trail #1 (the gravel/dirt road) to the far side and go past Stateline Campground, once on the paved road again its about 4 or 5 miles on the left, there's a sign indicating Camp #3 ... when he pulls into Camp #3 it'll be a sharp left hand turn and then there's some rocks and stuff he will need to navigate to get about 100 yards back into where the the camping area is located ... have him look for my dark blue Montero ... we should have the campfire going until midnight at least"

Jason, you the man! Thanks for those directions, I will be bringing my GPS with me so I know exactly where I am. And is there a chance I could get a cell # from either you or him or someone that I could call just in case I get confused at some point? I think that I will be alright, I was able to navigate all the way to Havelock to meet MadMike which was a 4 hour drive, but jeez I have gotten lost a time or two traveling a way I had driven a number of times before :p

yeah.. i'll pM you some more info

Man, only 6 more days till the fun begins!!!

Jason, what time will you be leaving out from your house?

i hate to even think about that!! way before i'm usually awake!
should take us about 2.5 hrs to get there so i guess around 5:30 at the LATEST. good lord.
how about you?

I think I'll have to leave sometime around 6am i think. Then I have to pick up my co-pilot. So I'll probly be on the road around 630 or so.

i didn't realize you were that close to tellico?!

Anyone else going to be there on Friday?

5:30 !?!?!?

that is gonna suck so bad, I dont even want to think about it now, I am gonna start sleeping in to get some extra sleep.

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
5:30 !?!?!?

that is gonna suck so bad, I dont even want to think about it now

Yeah, well, imagine me, I have to wake up and drive to Jason's house so we can leave from there at 5:30 :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha...suddenly 530 dosent seem so bad.

Back