temp sensor for overhead outside temp- were is it located on 96 V8? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

temp sensor for overhead outside temp- were is it located on 96 V8?

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
I bought a smashed 1996 V8 explorer XLT and repaired the front end. Now the overhead console temp reads -40 all the time. I looked at my parents 1996 V6 explorer limited and there is a round sensor in the front grille. I believe its the temp sensor so I looked under my smashed truck and cant seem to find that plug at all. Wondering if they are somewhere else on the V8? There is also 2 blue wires with a plug in the same area and my parents just plugs into a dummy plug/holder..... any idea what thats for either......

thanks

It has a cigar shape to it and its about 12 " below the drivers side headlight, it is in the open space between the front grill and the radiator support area.It does have 2 wires.
I installed one in my X....I will get pic of the sensor for you tomorrow...unless someone else has one!!!!!!

This is not the best of quality in a pic..but you can see what the sensor looks like!!

Attachments

• PIC0019.jpg
    PIC0019.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 495

Back