Terrain Management System Fault, Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Terrain Management System Fault, Service AdvanceTrac, Hill Start Assist Not Available

Sigh........seems I get to join the fun. The same thing happened yesterday to what you all have listed here - except I have NO acceleration (like my 98-year-old granny drives faster than me)..... RPM's are running at about 3200 instead of the 1800 like usual. Have any of you experienced this as well? And with today being Saturday - the service shops around here are closed. Stopped to see if it was throwing any codes and it came back with nothing - which I found strange. It's not the battery - I just changed that 3 months ago

I talked to Ford and they are saying it's the ABS -- my question (which is still unanswered) is how can an ABS issue cause problems with accerlation?

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If the ABS is engaging it would affect acceleration. It could be an issue with a wheel speed sensor. Not being a mechanic, perhaps the increase in RPMs is due to the engine attempting to overcome the braking effect. Just a guess though,

Peter

Back