Terrain Management System moves alone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Terrain Management System moves alone

SueroRD

Reaction score
City, State
Lawrence, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 '16 '20 Explorer XLT
Hello, greetings to all ...

I am new to the forum and I have the following question, has anyone else happened to it?

My Terrain Management System (TMS) or Adjust Switch moves completely by itself while I am driving, and I have to always be moving it to normal mode, has someone else happened to it or does anyone else know of any solutions?

It doesn't give me any errors, I don't have any lights on, it only moves by itself and always changes me on the screen to Mud / Ruts, Sand and Snow (on the screen and on the adjust switch)

Thank you all very much in advance

Edit: 2013 Ford Explorer XLT

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Congratulations, of sorts. You are the first to post about this issue. This is definitely not normal and should be checked out. Some of the TMS modes should not be used during normal driving. I believe 'Snow mode' is the only one that can be used for highway driving. Not sure about 'Sand'.
BTW, your vehicle spec is shown in your margin profile.;)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Congratulations, of sorts. You are the first to post about this issue. This is definitely not normal and should be checked out. Some of the TMS modes should not be used during normal driving. I believe 'Snow mode' is the only one that can be used for highway driving. Not sure about 'Sand'.
BTW, your vehicle spec is shown in your margin profile.;)

Peter

I will try to remove the complete button and clean it or check the terminals to see if they are dirty or have humidity and that makes their operation difficult

Back