TEXANS Serious about Slabs run. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TEXANS Serious about Slabs run.

Jared,

The Powertrax is Easy to install. I could do it for you but you would need to drive down to Victoria :) I could also tell you what is wrong with your 4x4 system.

Did you ever get your Truck regeared?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your shift motor needs to be rebuilt, I'll bet you $1.00

just remember this is the Truck I plan to take to the Slabs in october. I guess I have my work cut out for me

97morework.jpg

Things this Truck still needs.

Regeared and locked
it needs a front axle
The Tranny is being rebuilt
the Front end needs to go back together.

I'm for sure going. This run will be right after I finish my first classroom rotation (anatomy), so I'll be ready for a break. I wont be able to get drunk Friday night if I'm driving to Austin, so be prepared to have fun at the campsite!!!

Oh, I still need to get my fenders, paint them, put them on. Get some airdowns. Get other misc stuff and supplies and stuff straightened out.

Originally posted by Kris Guilbeaux
Jared,

The Powertrax is Easy to install. I could do it for you but you would need to drive down to Victoria :) I could also tell you what is wrong with your 4x4 system.

Did you ever get your Truck regeared?

Sounds like a plan, I'll try and figure out when I can come down. I never got it regeared and can't before the slabs cause I don't currently have any money... Some day, eventually, hopefully, they'll be in there...

I think my hub is messed up. It's what's making weird noises and won't lock in properly. I have taken it apart and can't see anything wrong, but I just know that's gotta be it. It MAY be the shift motor, and if it is, I'll give you a dollar :D

Getting closer. 410, did you get off work? We need you to be the first out of Texas person to show up w/ us. It is great fun.

Yes I have the time off, I also have a buddy who's coming with me. I still have a bunch to do to the bII as of right now I;m 4.10 in the back and 3.73 up front, so you can see I'm not using the 4x4 anytime soon!! hahaha this weekend it looks like I will finally have the time to set up the front diff and ARB, then wire in the on board air. Next week after work I;ll get the Autofab's fitted, 4" skyjacker leafs on, and finally mount up my 33's.....

I am going to tackle the following this weekend:

-install new radiator
-install 95 fan blade (super cool)
-install 95 fan clutch
-install new hoses
-install Bronco II fan shroud

Also going to order my tube doors from Cory so as to have for slabs run.

brian,,
thinga go a lot smoother if you get the right tool! There is a special fan tool for the big nut on the fan clutch, it is reverse thread if I remember right (I think it is on the 4.0L) You can get the tool from any auto parts store, they will lend it to you. There are two big flat wrench's.
Take the radiator out first, then you can slide the shroud out (I actually cut mine in half at the bottom so I can take my shroud out by flexing it over the fan, I hold it together with two zip ties) .

Good luck and dont forget to replace the hoses while you are in there! It;s also a good idea to flush the radiator while it is out of the truck with good clean hot water, and you can also flush the coolant out of the engine too.....

I'd like to go, if no one objects to me showing up in a Jeep.

I have no objection...

Be glad to have ya Shaggy!

Back