Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
The $10 dollar camera cage mount!

So I didn't like where my 8" video screen was, because I like to use it off road, and it was too hard looking down at it under the dash.

screen2.jpg

so I wanted something higher, but movable very quickly, if it got in the way in certain situations. So with roll cage already in...this is what I came up with. Using a pipe clamp thing I found at my local hard where store, rigged with a wing nut. I drilled a hole thru the center and bolted the screen to it. This would also work for any video or still camera.

Pretty cool right?

07262007131.jpg

but wait...it's in the way!!!:mad:

Bam!

07262007130.jpg

It's been moved in seconds, by just turning the wing nut and then the bolt unlatches from the tube..

Bam Again!!!

07262007133.jpg

Just use one size smaller then your tube. (1 1/4 tube shown, with 1" clamp)

thank you:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You overspent. :D

I made a camera mount from 1" of 1.75/.120 wall tube, for a 1.5, and then welded a 1/4" coarse bolt on it.. Get about a 2" hose clamp, and walla! you've got a camera mount.

thats awesome!! i also love your cb mounting.

When did you cage your truck? before the sas? where have i been? oh yeah. iraq.....

When did you cage your truck? before the sas? where have i been? oh yeah. iraq.....

We had a cage building party about 6 months ago or so. We built a cage for me, Jefe (before he sold it), Bkenndy, and Rockranger.

nice. what did you spend? is it 4130? mild? i;m thinking about buying GLfredrick's explorer from kentucky, to be my dedicated crawler, so i can go prerunner with the other X. gonna cage both though....oh and dollar is spelled with an "A".
aren't you an engineer or something? LOL

nice. what did you spend? is it 4130? mild? i;m thinking about buying GLfredrick's explorer from kentucky, to be my dedicated crawler, so i can go prerunner with the other X. gonna cage both though....oh and dollar is spelled with an "A".
aren't you an engineer or something? LOL

Yes it's just mild steal, we figure it will last 1 or 2 rolls. by then the body will be trashed and you'll be cutting the top off anyway. I think cost each of us about $200 bucks or something.:D It was worth every penny.;)

thats really cool....how are you going to run the wirring for it though?

sweet! yeah with the price of chromoly you guys probably would have tripled your price. and i don't know if you have ever bent 2 inch o.d. x .120 wall 4130, but it has so much springback, it would have taken a month to bend up three cages!~

Back