Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
b004-MustangGT-R-0404n-4.jpg

b004-MustangGT-Rtez-0404n-4.jpg

A tribute to 40 years of performance, Mustang GT-R concept celebrates famous "Yellow Mustangs," features 440-horsepower "Cammer" crate engine and athletic handling
Retains 85 percent of 2005 Mustang’s body components and reinforced versions of the race-inspired suspension designs.
Nearly ready for a variety of race series, or could be offered to weekend warriors as an affordable, factory-supplied race package.

Stats and
story

mustang-gtr6.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks SVO ;)

...but somthing just keeps ringing in my ear! It says BOSS! :D

Isnt that the 4.6L???

I want one :)

410Fortune said:
Isnt that the 4.6L???

The "Five Liter" Is Back

The foundation for the Mustang GT-R's race-prepared 440-horsepower engine is the new 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. The engine is rooted in the MOD 4.6-liter four-valve V-8 engine family. However, the motor's flanged cylinder liners help provide 94mm (instead of 90.2mm) cylinder bores, creating a full 5.0 liters of piston displacement.

And while the motor employs the SVT Mustang Cobra’s forged crankshaft with six-bolt mains and Manley "H-Beam" connecting rods for superior strength, the high-strength Ford Racing block features design reinforcements and a revised material for added strength and high-output durability. The block is specially reinforced in the crankcase web areas for high torque loads.

Other key differences include forged pistons, an 11.0:1 compression ratio, ported heads, higher-lift cams and beehive-shaped valve springs. The crate engine also features higher-flow fuel injectors and a magnesium, variable-geometry intake manifold.

The 5.0-liter "Cammer" engine comes with a custom oil pan and features custom-fabricated Tri-Y headers and crossover.

Stic-o said:
...but somthing just keeps ringing in my ear! It says BOSS! :D

took the words right outta my mouth, i am still not sure about the big ass spoiler on the back though, it looks good from some angles and looks really bad at others, overall a most excelent car :D

Any estimates on price if they're gonna produce it?

Oh geez, I want I want. Only thing I would have to say is tone the wing down in the back. Not that I'm complaining about it by any means but it could come down a little bit. I know it's a race car pretty much but it looks a little ricey. None the less :burnout:

TravisC said:
Oh geez, I want I want. Only thing I would have to say is tone the wing down in the back. Not that I'm complaining about it by any means but it could come down a little bit. I know it's a race car pretty much but it looks a little ricey. None the less :burnout:

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that it looks abit ricey. I kinda think the wing looks cheap. That's just my opinion...other than that I like it :)

Later
CP :D

tommy96XLT said:
Any estimates on price if they're gonna produce it?

No offical word but ford wants to use for Trans Am series like back in the '70's
Price is to start at $36k-$100k+ Depening on what you want all the way up to full race.

That's friggin awesome! But I agree, different wing. I checked the stats on that beast, 440hp! Definitely give the Vettes a run for their money.

I would have sex with that car if I could.

Hokie said:
right up the tail pipe baby

Hokie, that's dirty cuz that's where wastes come out. Try the intake

tone down wing == hott.

all black == hotter

1" lower 2-3" wider == omg so so hot

that is wicked cool! the wing reminds me of a ricer though :( it needs to be a little smaller, like the current wing on the roush

too bad that 5.0 crate engine is old news, other than the fact is that we might Actually see it in a car and not the ford racing catalog for 14k( i think), they originaly showed it off in the FR500 model which was freakn awesome, and it DID'T have a spoiler, but i imagine you could always take it off.

Do they still have a trans am race anymore , the only car it has to compete with is the GTO????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back