The number 10 fuse keeps blowing when I hit a bump. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The number 10 fuse keeps blowing when I hit a bump.

Threads merged.

Let's try to keep the same problem in one thread. It really does help you, and the search feature to have less threads to look through.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok.....im new to this stuff...sorry

it's all good... Let's figure this out. Thinking...

I hipe it's not the case, but it could be a broken/wire with torn insulation that shorts on bumping. Have you pulled the steering column surrounds and checked to see if anything glaring was obvious? Wiring issues suck. :(

i took off what i could...i saw many, many, many wires...none that appear messed up. All the wiring is sooo tight i cant move it....dont know how a bump can screw with it...maybe something in my front end? idk...brain is on overload

In place of the Fuse you can insert a 1157 Lamp in the Fuse Block Terminals. This Lamp creates a Short Detector. If the Lamp goes to Full Intensity the short is present. Unplug the loads on the circuit one at a time until the Lamp goes out or becomes dim. I used this method on shorted Torque Converter Lockup Circuit on a Gen 1 in the past.

i will try this tomorrow morning...thanks for the advice

any other ideas before i head to my shop?

When the Lamp is at Full Instensity the Short is Present. You will not harm any other loads on the circuit. The Lamp limits the current in the circuit to 3.6 Amps, if you use a 1157 with both filaments tied together. Try unhooking the loads one at a time that are on the circuit. Do you have any idea devices are hooked to this fuse? When you find the find the short, the lamp will go dim or off. Then back track on just that particular branch. Good Luck

its fixxxxxxed!!!! there was a loose connection in the harness that plugs into my cruise control module...yayyyyyyy!!!

Glad you found the issue. Those Intermittent Electrical Short Circuits can be annoying. Not to speak of the number of fuses you use in the diagnosis. I previously worked as a Diagnostic Engineer for a Import Car Company but my blood always was "Ford Blue."

Back