The Pimp My Ride's 800hp Biodiesel 65 Impala. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Pimp My Ride's 800hp Biodiesel 65 Impala.

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Rick Hurvitz, the show's 35-year-old executive producer and co-creator, believes that will be the case Sunday when "Pimp" — in this use the term means to extravagantly and excessively over-decorate something — gets a bit serious in an Earth Day special featuring a biodiesel muscle car.

The car started out as a rust-pocked 1965 Chevrolet Impala with broken windows, missing chrome, torn upholstery, weathered blue paint and an engine that dripped oil.

Here is the rest of the story and a couple pics. http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...age21apr21,1,6658555.story?ctrack=3&cset=true

6.6L Chevy Duromax LBZ diesel engine
800hp, 1400ft-lbs of torque, 0-60 in 3.5 sec
25mpg on B100 Biodiesel
All hemp interior

Here is the before:

pimp1.jpg

pimp3.jpg

greenImpala2.jpg

greenImpala1.jpg

pimp9.jpg

pimp15.jpg

Beat the **** out of a lambo:

pimp7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like they're using a 6.6L Duramax. Pretty cool if you ask me. I wonder what tranny they're putting behind that torque monster.

I saw the end of that show it was a pretty BA impala if you ask me

I saw the beginning of this episode and when they lowered the engine with the forklift, i was like lawwwwl

that it fn' ****.

Back