The Student's F-250

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
Just putting this here so that I can have a place for photos of the truck besides Facebook. If I need to resize photos just let me know.

The vehicle that took over for the 3rd gen EX, for winter driving is a 2000 F250.
It is powered by a 7.3 and as you will see from the photos is a work model long bed super cab.

I'll start by saying this is my first diesel and the first noticeable difference is the weight on the front end.
Within the first 2 hours of owning the truck I underestimated how wet the field was.
20160423_101924_zpsswvk7ejr.jpg

Those ruts are the aftermath of being to the axle with 37" tires. The truck did show its worth and under its own power made its way out.

Here is a photo of the truck from about a 7 or 8 months ago at this point.
20160513_210537_zpsamu1vkl2.jpg

The first modification I did to it was to swap front/rear bumpers as well as grill.
bd203b4a-f622-4dd3-92d1-c1c2b50c3ce5_zpsfubctun0.jpg

Here being a night shot of all the lights being turned on. (sorry I don't have a nice enough camera where I can change exposure time and shutter speed.)

Here is a picture of the first actually cleaning where I was happy it fit in the bay, and the EX getting cleaned as well.
20160905_195620_zpsjsyuvxwp.jpg

And lastly the latest mod being gauges that I got installed about 2 days ago.
Message_1478388509192_zpse1fwaxds.jpg

Let me know if there is anything you guys are interested to see, otherwise I will try to update the page anytime I make a modification.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow. But the latest addition is a complete swap of the master cylinder and steering column.

The reason for this was to maintain oe parts for cruise control. The task took me somewhere between 1.5-3 hours. And I can say if you are mechanically inclined it is a well worth it mod.
I say this because the tuner which I only use as a guage and the tach both agreed that the computer maintaining speed actually decreased rpm's. Looks like I may be getting 1-5mpg better due to this. Well worth the 150 I spent on those parts and a few other cosmetic things.

Sorry to have dragged on, I hope you have a wonderful day.

Dug through my photos this morning to see that I took zero photos of the new steering wheel, I do have a photo of the instrument cluster saying cruise now. But that isn't that important. I did however see the muddy photo that shows the other modification I forgot about which is painted my mirrors to match the truck.
20161129_131224_zpspr0pzyfl.jpg

Got myself a present before Christmas and finally got it back on Thursday. Here is the latest.
15823078_1273198262749154_9048983170548489619_n.jpg

What size tires? My friend has an 04 excursion with the 6.0L, it gets 14 mpg with 35s and larger injectors but it is a lot of fun to drive.

Currently they are 37x13.5r20 but the future plan is to pull the lift off and put it on 35's. Lately its been getting punished because it's below freezing here and I cant plug it in at night or at work, but it starts every time. If anyone has ever heard of a solar powered block heater, I'd love to know because that would help with the after work startup.

Currently they are 37x13.5r20 but the future plan is to pull the lift off and put it on 35's. Lately its been getting punished because it's below freezing here and I cant write my essay today because I cant plug it in at night or at work, but it starts every time. If anyone has ever heard of a solar powered block heater, I'd love to know because that would help with the after work startup.

Hi,

Any pictures or after work startup updates? I've got a 2016 F-250 Lariat as a present on my 30th birthday. As a college student, I dreamed about Ford daily. Quite old to learn driving though now, just looking for a good winter driving school in my area (New Orleans, LA). Any recommendations perhaps?

My uncle has the same one, but his car probably older. Powerful car. I used to drive it several times when I worked as a freelancer at primedissertations.com.

Back