Lincoln, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
01, mountaneer
You might have known i was gonna do this one from the other thread
the muffler
CIMG0025.JPG

I don't know if you know what this is unless you're into electronics
CIMG0026.JPG

And this one is because my ignition lock cylinder is messed up a little and the ring on the outside spins around making it ding every time my door is open which i find extreamly annoying So that is the speaker that goes DING DING DING DING! :fire: Well NO MORE!

Check in soon the mods are just starting, i allready sent the sct chip to james :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New drilled and slotted brakes, hey my steeing wheel doesn't shake and i don't hear a grinding noise when i stop (the pad was completely gone) don't ever beleave a dealer actualy inspects the car when they say they do.

CIMG0031.jpg

New drilled and slotted brakes, hey my steeing wheel doesn't shake and i don't hear a grinding noise when i stop (the pad was completely gone) don't ever beleave a dealer actualy inspects the car when they say they do.

What?!?! A used car dealer lied? Sayitaintso!!! ;)

Brakes look good! I had a midnight blue '96 V8 Bird- I loved that car. So smoooooooooth on the road...

If you haven't already check out www.tccoa.com

Whats the plans for it?

Looks nice, i almost bought one in the same color.

Oh this is a street machine for sure i got new shocks and struts on her too, so it rides smooth! I don't plan much, just the sct- 4 bank chip i had, getting tuned by james (HensonPerformance), mac intake, underdrive pullys, exhaust (i might get the dual flowmasters eventaly), shift kit, and maybe some roller rockers. That and the obvious stuff like plugs wires and fluid changes. Then i'd like to get a ground FX kit for it to make it look a little sporty. the factory wheel arent horrible but the stock sized tires arent gonna make the cut.
it allready has 3.73 gears and limited slip, the 4r70w is a stout trans so i'm not worried there. i just want it to drive like it feels and looks.

I guess i din't mention i allready did a new stereo in it. the deck out of my mounty(jvc, usb, and sirius radio), 2 sets of kenwood excelon 6X8s, a pair of 12" boston G2s, and a memphis studio 500D mono amp powered by a X-static bat cap.

I always liked that generation of Thunderbird. One of the few cars (as opposed to a truck) that I would actually own and drive all the time.

is your thunderbird V6 or V8 but the way it looks nice

its my 56 mile a day to college car so i bought a V6 and i get about 28MPG which is a bit better than the 17 i was getting in the mounty

is that 56miles one way or round trip? My "quest" to college is 64mi round trip joy....Thank god I don't have to pay for gas during school cuz i wouldn't be able to afford the $125/wk gas tab.

is that 56miles one way or round trip? My "quest" to college is 64mi round trip joy....Thank god I don't have to pay for gas during school cuz i wouldn't be able to afford the $125/wk gas tab.

56 miles round trip. I can't afford it some times, last week i stayed home on wensday cause i didn't have enough gas to get to school and back. I get paid on thursdays so there was nothing i could do.

56 miles round trip. I can't afford it some times, last week i stayed home on wensday cause i didn't have enough gas to get to school and back. I get paid on thursdays so there was nothing i could do.

ive done that sometimes, it sucks. If I didn't have my gas paid for I would be going to either the state or community college 20min from my house.

I think once I pick up the 5.0 it's going to be time to ask for a raise.

Hey, what's up Xan :D

I didn't think about you being over here as well. Are you stopping by this weekend to hang out and meet some of us local guys? :D

-Melon

EDIT: I'll have my Explorer this weekend - my 'Bird needs the IAC replaced and it's a bit bigger of a pain that I expected, otherwise it'll be a bunch of T-Bird's :D

Hey, what's up Xan :D

I didn't think about you being over here as well. Are you stopping by this weekend to hang out and meet some of us local guys? :D

-Melon

EDIT: I'll have my Explorer this weekend - my 'Bird needs the IAC replaced and it's a bit bigger of a pain that I expected, otherwise it'll be a bunch of T-Bird's :D

I planned on it. hey man the IAC motor is cake, its 2 bolts and a gasket. Whats so hard about that?

I know it's just 2 bolts and a gasket. The problem is the location and how much space I don't have to get to it. The intake tube runs up and behind the engine next to the firewall. If it wasn't for a few hard lines, it would be a cake job.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. We'll be at DynoSport around 1 or so - not sure what your schedule is like. By the way, who's car is that in your avatar. It's not your 96 - wrong front end - but not sure who's it is.

-Melon

I know it's just 2 bolts and a gasket. The problem is the location and how much space I don't have to get to it. The intake tube runs up and behind the engine next to the firewall. If it wasn't for a few hard lines, it would be a cake job.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. We'll be at DynoSport around 1 or so - not sure what your schedule is like. By the way, who's car is that in your avatar. It's not your 96 - wrong front end - but not sure who's it is.

-Melon

Well, i get out of class around 1:50 but i go to school in milford so i don't get to lincoln till 2:30. That car i just pulled off google, i just wanted a pic of a t-bird burning out. I'm gonna change it as soon as i get some more work done on the hood of my 83. I'm working on the engine right now though.

I guess i havent worked on the 4.6 DOHC engine to tell you how to get it done, but is it on the throttle body? If it is just pull the throttle body and pay the extra 1.29 for another gasket

Guess who Andy?

I've got a CAI intake for my '97 that I got from SCP that I'm hoping to put on this weekend.

I know for a fact that a certain master bater Oops masterbaker is a member there as well:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back