Think'n of dumping my wifes X for a S60. What do you think? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Think'n of dumping my wifes X for a S60. What do you think?

Wagons

Heath said:
Is there a support groupe for us wagon guys???

Can I join the club? I like wagons, too. Before I got my Explorer, I had a 1984 Chevy Cavalier wagon. It was one of my smarter purchases (next to the Exploer, of course). I really like small wagons. You can't beat them for both utility and fuel economy. I was always impressed by how much cargo the Cav wagon would carry.

Now that my Explorer is old, I'm thinking of getting a Focus wagon as a daily driver: Good gas mileage and more cargo room than the small SUV's. Its a shame Ford doesn't sell more of them. I like the styling and it gets good reviews. If I could find an SES wagon with the 5-speed stick...

GF doen't like wagons. :thumbdwn: She says they remind her of big families with lots of screaming kids in the back. I think this image belongs more to the minivan or the Expedition. All of the young families in my neighborhood have minivans. Subaru wagons are very popular here in NJ because the AWD is good in snow. Oddly, I see mostly older people (older than me, and I'm 55) driving the Subes. Funny thing: most of the Focus wagons I see have company names and logos painted on the sides! They are being used as service and delivery cars. I don't care. I like the small wagons :thumbsup:

If Ford would lift the Focus wagon and put bigger tires on it, they could compete with Subaru :D .

Bob

My dad had a few Volvo's in the '90s. They were very unreliable for him so he switched brands.

I do like the way the S60 looks though and I have to say I'm not familiar with Volvo's present day quality issues.

So Far I'm VERY happy with the S60 We have put over 7k on it sence April, and not one issue. The car has already paid for it self. Our highway milage is averaging 32mpg :eek: When it only rated at 29mpg. on the street she getting about 23-25mpg. This car is outstanding! :thumbsup: Looks good, gets great milage, and is very safe. Can't say enough about it. I love this car, just wish the wife would let me drive it more :(

Rick said:
I do like the way the S60 looks though and I have to say I'm not familiar with Volvo's present day quality issues.

When we were looking for a car a couple of years ago for the GF, we were considering a S80. A lot of people on the internets were reporting electrical issues, especially with the Daytime Running Lights. More for the S80 than the S60.

The Volvos had the best seats of any car we looked at and were one of the very few cars with a sunroof + adequate headroom so my head didn't touch the headliner. Mercedes "E" series and VW Beetle were the only others.

The GF ended up getting a Toyota Avalon. (No sunroof).

Back