• Register Today It's free!

Tie Rod Question

dhewey71

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington Park MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport Trac
I bent my tie rod and was wondering if there was a step by step instruction on how to fix this. I saw some things where I don't have to take out the rack. How long would this take if I did it myself? Or should I just take it to a shop??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. THis is great.

Now I have a decision whether to just have someone do it because I need it done fast or wait until Wednesday. I can't do it myself tomorrow because I will have my son and Wednesday my son has a 9AM dr appointmrnt and I need to have him picked up by 5

I bent my tie rod and was wondering if there was a step by step instruction on how to fix this. I saw some things where I don't have to take out the rack. How long would this take if I did it myself? Or should I just take it to a shop??
So do tell how you bent it. :)

backed over some steps at my mothers.

In case you were wondering, I couldn't remember my password from this account and I logged on as dhewey71.

Ah ok, so you weren't having as much fun as I had when I bent one back in 2002.

410710120123.jpg

In case you were wondering, I couldn't remember my password from this account and I logged on as dhewey71.
Well, be careful with that, I think having 2 ids on the site I believe is a no no. I think Rick has software that tries to detect that and you could get cutoff.

Ah ok, so you weren't having as much fun as I had when I bent one back in 2002.

410710120123.jpg

Well, be careful with that, I think having 2 ids on the site I believe is a no no. I think Rick has software that tries to detect that and you could get cutoff.
Was doing a good deed for my mother at the time

I'll use my new one since I can remember the PW

Got her fixed. I was going to do it myself but there wasn't enough time for me to do it this week or next so I had someone else do it. I knew I could do it but as I said, not time.

Back