Tire Wear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire Wear

Maybe......

Well this is a good question. It all kind of works togather. You need good shocks, replace them. Also, the cupping sounds more like a camber issue. Always get an alignment with new tires. If your in spec, they will not do the alignment.

Get a good alignment. Rotate and Balance the tires every 5K miles.

You didn't mention what you drive, but if it's a '94 or older 4x4, it's fairly common, especially with mud tires. It is a trait of the Ford TTB. I bought used tires that were on a big Bronco (Dana 44 TTB), and they are the same (cupped) as my old set.

I have a new set of KO's on mine and they are starting to cup already on the inside(less than 5000 miles). After taking it to a place where they still do the manual alignments, they told me they can overset the camber on the alignment to keep the tire flat and wear better. I have been battling with NTB and another place trying to get this fixed, but they all have computers that won't allow the angles to go past factory settings. Hopefully this will end the battle of the alignment. Otherwise I may have to :shoot: someone....

Back